USC School of Dentistry Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Punished Angeleno

Dental Student
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last year's thread: *** The Official USC School of Dentistry Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Hey, everyone. You can post your questions and updates here.

Class of 2023 Statistics
overall GPA: 3.59
science GPA: 3.51
DAT (AA/TS/PAT): 19.9/19.7/20.1
Class Size: 144

Class of 2024 Statistics
overall GPA: TBD
science GPA: TBD
DAT (AA/TS/PAT): TBD

>> Prerequisites + Admission Requirements <<
>> Cost of Attendance <<
>> Interview Preparation <<
↳ be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants!
>> Ostrow's Admissions Process Video <<

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Submitted on 06/16
Received confirmation email on 06/23!
They sent me confirmation email twice:)!!

When do they start sending interview invite? Also is it going to be virtual?

Submitted on 06/16
Received confirmation email on 06/23!
They sent me confirmation email twice:)!!

When do they start sending interview invite? Also is it going to be virtual?
They'll probably start sending out invites in August, but I really have no clue how they're going to do the interviews.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone hear from USC yet?

What did you put for professional achievements on the AADSAS application?
I wasn't 100% sure on how to answer that one because for resumes I think it would most likely refer to recognitions and awards? I chose to answer it with dental related experiences, such as places I have worked that have helped me be a more accomplished candidate. Hope that helps, although I don't know if that's what they are looking for :)

What did you put for professional achievements on the AADSAS application?
Just put your achievements on there same as AADSAS. That's good enough. I think they ask this question as it could be included on some sort of page they follow up on before reviewing your whole application.

Just put your achievements on there same as AADSAS. That's good enough. I think they ask this question as it could be included on some sort of page they follow up on before reviewing your whole application.
is it bad if your achievements aren't that impressive?

is it bad if your achievements aren't that impressive?
There's no such thing as a "bad" achievement..It can be something personal to you which makes it an achievement. Don't build the mentality of thinking anything it is "bad". Also, would you rather have no achievements??????

Just submitted my application, I'm feeling very worried as my stats are very average. I am wondering if it would be beneficial to retake the DAT this october or would it be too late?

I still never got a confirmation email from them, anyone else in this boat?

Members don't see this ad :)
When did you submit the app and the payment?
I submitted on 8/20. All the other schools sent me an email and link to pay, but USC did not. Did you just find the link separately on the website to pay?

I submitted on 8/20. All the other schools sent me an email and link to pay, but USC did not. Did you just find the link separately on the website to pay?
I waited for them to send me the link to pay the supplemental. They sent me the pay the fee email 6 days after and the app complete email 4 days after I paid.
Here's the link when I tried opening the link:
I tried opening the link again but its acting weird. The link may or may not work for you.
Don't worry its not a virus.

Here's the copied link directly from the email:

Okay thanks for the help and info! I paid the fee, I just find it odd I have no email confirmation from them about the application.

Okay thanks for the help and info! I paid the fee, I just find it odd I have no email confirmation from them about the application.
You could give them a call or email if waiting is making you uneasy.

They’ll send you an email confirming everything has been received. They possibly could’ve received a lot applications at the time you submitted so they could be delayed for that reason.

Just submitted my application, I'm feeling very worried as my stats are very average. I am wondering if it would be beneficial to retake the DAT this october or would it be too late?
I think each school has their own deadlines for when they would accept DAT scores, you could check your schools and see if October is too late.

Is anyone else's status on AADSAS still saying Received/Waiting for additional information? I swear I completed everything, but I'm a bit worried. Should I send an email?

Is anyone else's status on AADSAS still saying Received/Waiting for additional information? I swear I completed everything, but I'm a bit worried. Should I send an email?

Mine says "Received/ Under Review". So far I'm getting the feeling that a lot of schools don't actively update their status on AADSAS? But I would email to be safe.

How's everyone planning to pay the $800k+ once all is said and done

It's more like $500k if you do the math right. Unless you decide to purchase Lamborghini with student loans.
And there's always parents.

Reactions: 1 users
It's more like $500k if you do the math right. Unless you decide to purchase Lamborghini with student loans.
And there's always parents.
Maybe he included the interest rates with loan after graduation?

Maybe he included the interest rates with loan after graduation?

Perhaps, but it would mean at least 60% APR. Even an auto loan with a credit score of <650 or my cash advance on my credit card has better rates than that :rofl:.

Probably just a Pre-Med that trolls other forums in his free time.

My calculator shows ~670k including my undergrad and SMP loans. I also want to specialize so throw in another 300k.
Not uncommon to have $1m and sorry that I do not have rich parents like you @DonKovic267

Wow. If you already took out the loan for your undergraduate, and you still decide to dental school with residency without getting financial help from your family...How are you going to pay them off? It looks like you will be paying your tuition forever.

My calculator shows ~670k including my undergrad and SMP loans. I also want to specialize so throw in another 300k.
Not uncommon to have $1m and sorry that I do not have rich parents like you @DonKovic267
View attachment 318550

Not everyone has undergrad loans and not everyone is going to specialize. That's your choice, therefore your fault you plan to accrue $800k+ debt.

How's everyone planning to pay the $800k+ once all is said and done
You're the only one that's going to be paying that much.

My family makes less than half of one year's tuition so I have to take out loans. I'm the first to attend college let alone finish a master's degree. I guess it could be worse, this is from 3 years ago so add ~ 10-15% to each school

Maybe you should think about paying off your undergrad first? Because it will be there increasing while you are at dental school and even worse if you get to residency.

Y'all need to relax. If he wants to pursue the career and is willing to take out the loans then he can worry about paying them back however he wants. Its not your financial burden, leave the man be.

Reactions: 3 users
Thank you! It would likely take me a decade to pay off my current loans given I a 50-60k job (above average for where I live), and dental school would probably cost 200k/year in tuition alone by then.

I have undergrad loans of close to $60,000. Still going to dental school. Zero family help and first gen. I am with you man. Not everyone comes from middle class families....

Reactions: 4 users
My status just changed to Invited for interview but no email yet. Is that an invite??

Update: CHECK YOUR SPAMS!!!!!
School: USC
Notification Date:09/24
Method of Notification: Email
Residency: Texas
AADSAS submitted: 7/27
GPA (science, overall): 4.00, 3.97
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/19/19/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/07

Last edited:
I got an interview invites!!!
GPA 3.96 AA 21

Residency: HI
AADSAS submitted: 06/16
secondary completed:
GPA (science, overall): 3.93,3.96
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/25/21/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/08

Last edited:
got an interview invites!!!
GPA 3.98 AA 22

Residency: NV
AADSAS submitted: 06/16
secondary completed: 06/16
GPA (science, overall): 3.98,4.00
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/21/20/21/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/05

Interview #4
Notification date: 9/24/20
Method of notification: Email
Residency: SC
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/29
Application complete date: 7/6
GPA: 3.9 GPA, 3.9 science GPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/20/19/18 yes QR 16

Do you guys think its too late to apply now? :/
I know their deadline is February but still

Does anyone know how many pre December interviewes they send?

Last year's thread: *** The Official USC School of Dentistry Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Hey, everyone. You can post your questions and updates here.

Class of 2023 Statistics
overall GPA: 3.59
science GPA: 3.51
DAT (AA/TS/PAT): 19.9/19.7/20.1

Class of 2024 Statistics
overall GPA: TBD
science GPA: TBD
DAT (AA/TS/PAT): TBD

>> Prerequisites + Admission Requirements <<
>> Cost of Attendance <<
>> Interview Preparation <<
↳ be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants!
>> Ostrow's Admissions Process Video <<

Good luck!

Guys, It is a very expensive school, wondering whether to apply or not. What did you guys answer to the question " Please list your professional achievements and include when and how long." I am not sure what to answer. Any help is appreciated.... Thanks

My status just changed to Invited for interview but no email yet. Is that an invite??

Update: CHECK YOUR SPAMS!!!!!
Residency: Texas
AADSAS submitted: 7/27
GPA (science, overall): 4.00, 3.97
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/19/19/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/07
With your stats, you will get admission to Texas schools, which are the cheapest in Nation, you don't need to bother with this expensive school. Good luck.

• Care