This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

When did you apply (both PharmCAS and USC Supplemental)?

• July 2016

• August 2016

• September 2016

• October 2016

Results are only viewable after voting.

particle4D

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

It seems like the thread hasn't been created for USC Fall 2017 Applicants. If there is a thread already, please direct me to the link! If not:

Please post any questions here and let's help each other out during this process :)

My first question: Which school are you from?

Members don't see this ad.

UCLA, has anyone received an interview already?

Members don't see this ad :)
UCSD, Interviewed on 10/14 and accepted on 10/27

Reactions: 1 user
Brown University. I submitted my pharmCAS app Oct. 1st, and the supplemental Oct. 31st.

I was wondering what is the time frame after receiving the application confirmation email. For instance, how long until they send me the course evaluation email, interview invitation and acceptance email/letter after the interview.

Thank you in advance.

UCSD, Interviewed on 10/14 and accepted on 10/27
Hey PharmerTK,
I was also interviewed on 10/14, but USC put me in an active consideration.
Do you mind sharing your stats?
I am from UCSD, and I just graduated from UCSD with BS in biochemistry/Cell Biology.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey PharmerTK,
I was also interviewed on 10/14, but USC put me in an active consideration.
Do you mind sharing your stats?
I am from UCSD, and I just graduated from UCSD with BS in biochemistry/Cell Biology.

~3.65 GPA/Science GPA
~2 years research + summer internship at another lab
~400 hours pharmacy volunteering experience
~ 3 good letters and a decent one

~3.65 GPA/Science GPA
~2 years research + summer internship at another lab
~400 hours pharmacy volunteering experience
~ 3 good letters and a decent one
Wow... very impressive. Is USC your first choice? How was the writing portion of the interview? I couldn't finish one of my body paragraph due to lack of time. I wonder how much the written portion weigh for the admission.

Brown University. I submitted my pharmCAS app Oct. 1st, and the supplemental Oct. 31st.

I was wondering what is the time frame after receiving the application confirmation email. For instance, how long until they send me the course evaluation email, interview invitation and acceptance email/letter after the interview.

Thank you in advance.

9/22 application confirmation
9/23 course evaluation
9/27 interview invite
10/14 interview day
10/27 acceptance email

Hope it helps and good luck :)

Wow... very impressive. Is USC your first choice? How was the writing portion of the interview? I couldn't finish one of my body paragraph due to lack of time. I wonder how much the written portion weigh for the admission.
Sorry for the late response. I thought the writing portion was alright. I pretty much did the standard intro, 3 bodies, and a mini conclusion format. I'm pretty sure as long as you explain your reasoning and train of thought, everything will be fine. I will most likely decline my offer for USC and will be attending UMN.

Thanks. It seems like 11/18 candidates are still waiting for decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I am assuming that they are delaying their decisions to admit applicants and put other applicants on active considerations due to a thanksgiving week. Which pharmacy schools did you apply other than USC?

I am a candidate that interviewed on 11/18.. this wait is unbearable

this is ridiculous did they forget about us
Be patient. I am sure they will get back to you tomorrow or sometime this week. I am also waiting just like you. I also need to know my admission status before I make a deposit at LLU.

Be patient. I am sure they will get back to you tomorrow or sometime this week. I am also waiting just like you. I also need to know my admission status before I make a deposit at LLU.

Did you apply/get in to any other programs?

Did you apply/get in to any other programs?
I applied to UOP, USC, Western, LLU, California Northstate, CHSU, west coast, and Pacific of Oregon. I got interviews from all of these schools. I received rejection from Western, and a hold from UOP. USC gave me an active consideration. Only California Northstate and LLU accepted me so far. I declined California Northstate due to high tuition. I will put my deposit on LLU if USC gives me an active consideration.

I have my USC interview coming up in Jan.

For those who have interviewed with USC, any tips on the interview?

I've been hearing a lot of mixed feelings from both Western and USC. Having trouble evaluating both schools without some sort of bias. In terms of obtaining a residency and academics, what would you all say- USC or Western?

I've been hearing a lot of mixed feelings from both Western and USC. Having trouble evaluating both schools without some sort of bias. In terms of obtaining a residency and academics, what would you all say- USC or Western?
USC >>> Western

I just don't understand why Western University has a tuition similar to USC when USC is far more superior than Western University. I agree with what EleanorRigbyyy said.

Anyone interviewing on Jan 20? I need some tips on how to prepare folks, Im panicking about the essays

I applied to UOP, USC, Western, LLU, California Northstate, CHSU, west coast, and Pacific of Oregon. I got interviews from all of these schools. I received rejection from Western, and a hold from UOP. USC gave me an active consideration. Only California Northstate and LLU accepted me so far. I declined California Northstate due to high tuition. I will put my deposit on LLU if USC gives me an active consideration.
how long did it take you to hear back form USC

Got an acceptance as well!!! Absolutely ecstatic
Are you guys planning to attend ?

Congrats to all accepted by SC !! hopefully all you guys will get solid positions in 4 years to start paying the ~300K loan (that includes interest)

Western is so not worth it since they have SC like tuition...at least with SC you know it's ranked in top 10, although, that still doesn't make it worth to attend there also cuz of the high cost..just personal opinion

Reactions: 2 users
Wooh congrats everyone who got accepted! see you in august :)

Reactions: 1 users
To the original question: I went to USC for undergrad :)

I just got my interview invitation for February 17, and it indicates that 'you will prepare an essay either before or after the interview.' Can anyone who's already gone through the interview process for USC offer any advice on this?

Hello Everyone!

It seems like the thread hasn't been created for USC Fall 2017 Applicants. If there is a thread already, please direct me to the link! If not:

Please post any questions here and let's help each other out during this process :)

My first question: Which school are you from?
Texas A&M University- Kingsville
Interviewed 10/14
Got accepted 10/27

To the original question: I went to USC for undergrad :)

I just got my interview invitation for February 17, and it indicates that 'you will prepare an essay either before or after the interview.' Can anyone who's already gone through the interview process for USC offer any advice on this?
You are going to have to write an essay on something ethical. Just be calm, and write about the subject. No need to study, but practice your writing skills. You' ll have about 50 minutes.