USC School of Pharmacy Class of 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lovepharm7

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm not sure if this forum exists elsewhere on SDN, I couldn't find on in my search. If it does, please respond with the link. If not, I was wondering if anyone applied early decision and has gotten an interview response yet? If so, what are your stats?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys,

I'm not sure if this forum exists elsewhere on SDN, I couldn't find on in my search. If it does, please respond with the link. If not, I was wondering if anyone applied early decision and has gotten an interview response yet?
Why do you want to attend USC specifically? Are you not worried about being jobless and $300k in debt when you graduate? And living in one of the most saturated cities too. Good luck...

Members don't see this ad :)
Why do you want to attend USC specifically? Are you not worried about being jobless and $300k in debt when you graduate? And living in one of the most saturated cities too. Good luck...
Actually I won't be in 300k debt when I graduate because I am financially responsible. I have worked while I was in school since I was 16 years old. I have saved up to pay for my tuition, and will continue to work while I am in pharmacy school. I will also be making on average $150,000 a year as a pharmacist. Jobless? Tell me why 5 people I know that have graduated from USC in the past 2 years have found jobs. So, no luck needed here. Just hard work.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Actually I won't be in 300k debt when I graduate because I am financially responsible. I have worked while I was in school since I was 16 years old. I have saved up to pay for my tuition, and will continue to work while I am in pharmacy school. I will also be making on average $150,000 a year as a pharmacist. Jobless? Tell me why 5 people I know that have graduated from USC in the past 2 years have found jobs. So, no luck needed here. Just hard work.

:corny:

Also curious about other people's interview dates and criteria? Applied in September and still haven't heard back for an interview yet :(

I applied in beginning of October but haven't heard back about interviews either :/

How would you even know that you’ll be making $150,000 per year? You can’t predict the future.
Tell me why I know someone who graduated from USC pharmacy school who still can’t find a job. He has had way more years of work experience as a pharmacist as I did. Even he complained to me that there are no jobs out there.

current p2 at usc. does anyone have any questions? also i'm looking for someone to take over my lease at currie hall (I'm in a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom apt) starting in May this year, so please let me know if you're interested!

current p2 at usc. does anyone have any questions? also i'm looking for someone to take over my lease at currie hall (I'm in a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom apt) starting in May this year, so please let me know if you're interested!
Yeah what are your profs saying about the job market nowadays? And how are those $100k+ loans treating ya?

Yeah what are your profs saying about the job market nowadays? And how are those $100k+ loans treating ya?
Well, it's competitive, especially in LA, so you basically have to do a residency if you want to do in-patient. Tuition is horrible, and it's encouraged to work while you are a student.... I expected the quality of my education to be higher with the amount I'm paying. Not well-organized. However, you get the strong alumni network and comfort knowing you're at a highly-ranked school.

Congrats to everyone who's been accepted and committed to USC this fall!

If you're a female and interested in living in Currie Hall next year in a 4 bed/4 bath, let me know! I prematurely signed a lease with them but am hoping to stay with my folks in the area instead.

Let me know if you're interested (I know they have open spaces but if you want to mention my name as a way to still take over my lease, I would really appreciate it-the process is the same)! Also I should note that I am currently an MS1 so I can't particularly answer questions about your program, but if you want to know more about the area around the HSC campus/ the culture, feel free to message me!