USC secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

indymed

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey anyone working on USC secondary. When I log in to the website, I see the application status screen but I am not ale to get to the actual application. Anyone else having this trouble. I have the latest IE, it just won't let me click on fill out and submit secondary app. Anyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there,

Definitely pursue this further as I had no problems at all both, accessing and submitting the USC secondary. Now Harvard and UCLA, those are two other, less successful access stories! :p

Cheers,
Kirsteen

I didn't have this problem, I would call them.

The problem I did have is that I submitted my app, and then looked it over afterwords on the site and some of the boxes I checked off (ethnicity, whether i had applied before, etc.) and the title of one of my LOR writers were left off of what was transmitted. It probably doesn't matter, they know I am white anyway but it was still weird.

And to warn you, if you back up the browser stuff disappears and you have to type it again....

Kevin

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by DoctorKevin

The problem I did have is that I submitted my app, and then looked it over afterwords on the site and some of the boxes I checked off (ethnicity, whether i had applied before, etc.) and the title of one of my LOR writers were left off of what was transmitted. It probably doesn't matter, they know I am white anyway but it was still weird.

And to warn you, if you back up the browser stuff disappears and you have to type it again....

Kevin

Thank god, I'm not the only one here who encountered a similar problem. Like you, the title of my recommenders was omitted on the site after my submission. Quite strange.

Originally posted by DoctorKevin

The problem I did have is that I submitted my app, and then looked it over afterwords on the site and some of the boxes I checked off (ethnicity, whether i had applied before, etc.) and the title of one of my LOR writers were left off of what was transmitted.

The same things happened to me too

If you don't mind me asking, what are your reasons for applying to USC?

hey, are they flexible about what they consider a social science??

Originally posted by kwanny
If you don't mind me asking, what are your reasons for applying to USC?

If you ask around, you may hear that USC grads are very well trained, sometimes even more than grads from other prestiguous schools. I heard that it's because they have more chances to do stuff in their clinical rotations in 3rd and 4th year. Also, the hospitals they rotated at gave a lot of exposure to rare diseases, because the patient population was so huge and diverse.

Originally posted by calebho501
If you ask around, you may hear that USC grads are very well trained, sometimes even more than grads from other prestiguous schools. I heard that it's because they have more chances to do stuff in their clinical rotations in 3rd and 4th year. Also, the hospitals they rotated at gave a lot of exposure to rare diseases, because the patient population was so huge and diverse.

wut up caleb.

word to your mothers...

usc produces excellent clinicians. county usc is extremely short staffed and there is a huge patient population since it is a county hospital. consequently as a 3rd and 4th year you are given a lot of responsibility on the floor. when i interviewed there they took us to the ER. beds stacked upon beds stacked upon beds with more patients along the wall and even more sitting in chairs in the waiting room. definitely a lot of opportunity for hands on there.

After being accepted at a couple of other schools and eventually picking USC I will tell you that it is a very cool school. The pass/no pass curriculum the first two years eliminates unwanted stress, the staff is very student attentive and supports any student initiatives, the clinical experience is great and rewarding if you like working with under-served populations, and the school is in California let alone Los Angeles. They have integrated a new individual research project requirement (I have to look a little into this but I think it is true) and are constructing a new med center, and have these cool lectures where all 160 students can participate via a wireless remote that collects responses and quickly synthesizes a poll from the class. They have every kind of activity you want: community, research, international, and clinical. They also have early patient contact integrated into the curriculum and did I mention they select a very cohesive and diverse class of individuals. The only drawbacks to SC is the price, and if you don't like working in underserved areas cuz it is in an underserved area. I truly believe that USC has really revamped their curriculum (it is only 3 years old) and made it one of the best in the nation. If you have the chance to interview don't be deceived by its appearance. People usually only take you through County which looks unimpressive from a modern perspective, but the other hospital facilities like the Doheny Eye Institute, University Hospital, and Norris Cancer CEnter are very modern and top notch. Good luck everyone and I hope that you get a chance to see what USC is all about.

:clap: :clap: I just finished and submitted my USC secondary application..........I am feeling good now!!!!! Good luck everyone on completing the application!!!!! :clap: :clap:

GJ voltron :). i just got mine wednesday and will be turning it in on monday as well as sending off my LoRs.
GL to all!

I'd appreciate any sort of input on this...

I'm really struggling to answer this question on the USC secondary app:

Briefly describe any unique qualities and abilities you possess which would contribute to:
- (A) the educational environment

What kind of qualities did y'all put down for this questions? Maybe I'm thinking too much about this question, but my repsonse to this question isn't any different from the "diversity of entering class" part. How are they even different? Thanks a lot.

That was a really tough question for me Kwanny. However, I had put a different response down for part a and part b. If you think long enough, it will come to you. Good luck!!! :)

P.S. Thanks for the nice message gintien....good luck to you too!!!! :clap:

Maybe put non-academic experience/abilities for "Diversity of the class", things like you know how to play music, act in theatre, etc.

Put down academic-related stuff for "Educational environment"

arent they supposed to be sending back to us our secondaries cuz of the computer glitch that happened?? i didnt get mine back yet and that sux, i wana correct a word in one of my answers.

anyways i will send off an email by monday if nothing new happens.

for the "social science, humanities and english" requirement.....how strict are they with this? Do language courses count toward them? :D how about linguistics? I emailed them and they never replied ;o

Originally posted by mackaikai
for the "social science, humanities and english" requirement.....how strict are they with this? Do language courses count toward them? :D how about linguistics? I emailed them and they never replied ;o

I think it's fair to say that Linguistics and language courses belong to the humanities, although in my opinion, linguistics is in the same category of "boring as hell" as physics and chemistry :)

finally sent in my 2ndary today...pretty late for EDP since i turned in my AMCAS last minute and only received 2ndary last wednesday.

according to their timeline, they make their EDP decisions this friday...hope my letter of recs make it in time!