USC Secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

guzkre

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard back from USC after submitting app+LOR+fee? I mean they haven't even cashed my check yet.

ANy luk?

Members don't see this ad.

Negatron here. I sent my completed secondary in weeks ago and they still haven't taken my money. Refreshing in a way, given the zealousness of other schools when it comes to cashing cheques! :laugh:

Cheers,
Kirsteen

nope! i haven't heard anything either :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Same here. I think they have been concentarting on the early decision applicants and will eventually get around to those of us who are not early decision applicants. Good luck! :)

its good to now i'm not alone.

thnx all!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

hey guys,

hows it goin wherever u r?

im early decision and i have X's on LOR's and fee sections, but i know my file is complete cuz i called. i think they will only tell EDP ppl on the phone tho.

good luck.

Y.D.

Wow. There is a lot of you EDP people here. I wouldn't worry if it says stuff is missing. It takes them a while if ever to fill everything in. I'd wait a month after you think you should have had everything and then give a call if it doesn't change.

On a side note, last year they had the most applications in school history.

i am so nervous waiting for a letter from USC via email to see if i get an interview or not:confused:

what were ur stats again gentein?

30P-9V 10P 11B
3.52O /3.45S---UCLA GPA (Retook F and C-)
3.35O/3.27S---AMCAS GPA
Volunteer, Research, Film, Work, etc etc

what about ur stats yankee?

any news yet???/

jalby where r u, i just wana know if u know anything about when things will get moving.

My AMCAS is still in line, are there essay questions on the USC secondary?

Originally posted by umass rower
My AMCAS is still in line, are there essay questions on the USC secondary?

Yep. There are four essay questions:

2.Please briefly explain your interest in the Keck School of Medicine.
Please limit response to no more than 250 words
3. Briefly describe any unique qualities and abilities you possess which would contribute to:
- (A) the educational environment
- (B) the diversity of the entering class
4. Please provide a summary of your most relevant leadership experiences.
5. Briefly describe your most relevant extra-curricular activities (volunteer, research, serving disadvantaged or underserved populations, etc...) related to your interest in medicine.

jalby where r u, i just wana know if u know anything about when things will get moving.

hes not answering any sort of questions...like he said hes on the admissions com.

i called in on monday to see if they got my letters...i also called em to see when EDP ppl would know anything..the nice lady said she couldnt say

nice of u to ask but not answer yankee

any newssssssS???

its becoming so frustrating since im early decision. they didnt stick to their schedule like they promised:(

oh gintein, i decided to avoid giving personal info out since its so easy be identified. sorry.

The USC website still hasn't marked my fee and letters as arrived. Its been awhile, should I send them again? Has anyone had their status been indicated as complete?

Nope. My check hasn't been cashed, nor has the status been updated. I sent it certified mail and it supposedly arrived on August 21st. I guess we're all in the same boat!

I talked to them Friday, the lady said that they were in the middle of updating the internet website. She could not say if my LORs were received.

Yeah, we are all in the same boat. Keck just takes a lot longer to update everything in their online system, but I know people are starting to get interviews.....I know someone who has an interview in October at Keck....so they are inviting people to interview already.....good luck everyone and stay positive!!! :laugh: