USC social science, eng, humanities requirement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Blondnuttyboy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone apping to USC that doesnt have their 30 unit english, social sci, humanities requirement?

I have like 15/30..but I think I'm going to app anyway.

Members don't see this ad.

This requirement really confuses me. 30 semester units is like 45quarter units, right? DANG!!! That is a load of classes!!! Too bad I have like a half of it. I shouldn't have taken some of the GE classes pass/no pass...

You still get credit for pass/fail, right?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm pretty sure you get credit for it but it's not counted in your GPA.

Anyone apping to USC that doesnt have their 30 unit english, social sci, humanities requirement?

I have like 15/30..but I think I'm going to app anyway.

This is my first post on SDN; I usually frequent the boards to read, but never have posted. I am posting now to share my relief with you guys.

I came across this post and it scared the crap out of me, because i don't have 45 UC quarter units to complete this, and I submitted my secondary over a month ago. I went ahead and called the admissions office and they said that any non-BCP (read: ANY) can go to fulfililng this requirement. I told her i was engineering, and she said all those classes can fulfill the 30 semester hours.

Basically, as long as you went to a University and took the basic classes, you should be able to complete the 30 semester hours. Otherwise, complete before matriculation. Hopefully this is a relief to the others with this potential dilemma!