1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

USC... still waiting

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by WaitingImpatiently, Mar 27, 2002.

1. WaitingImpatiently

WaitingImpatiently Long Member
    7+ Year Member

I've called them a few times, and gotten mixed answers just about every time.

Once I was told that the school only hands out a few acceptances until they're all done, while another time the person on the phone said that 160 acceptees (class size) were given by March 15. What's the truth? I know USC is supposed to be semi-rolling, but what does that mean, EXACTLY? Does it mean that the minimum number of applicants are accepted by the AAMC date, while everybody afterward is only being considered for a waitlist spot?

Anyway, has anybody gotten in after March 15?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Kazzar

Kazzar Psychiatrist
    7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I am wondering about this too. I haven't heard of anybody getting in. I called USC and found that the class does not have to be full until March 29 due to the delays with AMACS. So I guess this Friday is the magical date (or the following Monday or Tuesday when mail arrives). I am crossing my fingers - its the last school I have yet to hear from. I have no doubt I will be put on another waitlist. Yea!