USC "under review" status after preliminary review letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tlj0805

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone checked USC online status? I received the preliminary review letter about 2 weeks ago and now the status is saying "under review". The status used to say "application completed" till yesterday. Did anyone's status change to under review after receiving the letter? I know people say the letter implies a "on hold" so I'm assuming it will be under review until I get rejected eventually????

Members don't see this ad.

I spoke with USC and the lady told me it can take up to 4-8 WEEKS for them to update the online status.

i c. btw i saw someone mentioned that usc is done with pre-dec list. i guess there is not a lot of hope left then. waiting game sucks....

Members don't see this ad :)
i c. btw i saw someone mentioned that usc is done with pre-dec list. i guess there is not a lot of hope left then. waiting game sucks....

USC interviews well after December and your chances are still pretty darn high even post-December interview. Don't give up your hope. Get your high hopes up.

So after reading this I decided to check the website. I interviewed in September and today I see that my status says "alternate". Did they already designate me for the waitlist? I thought we weren't allowed to know this information till Dec. 1st? Has anyone else experienced this?