USC updates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

superdood68

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,

i wondered if anyone has been pulled off usc's waitlist yet...

Members don't see this ad.

WaitingImpatiently called them to ask if there has been any movement. They said no.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Hero:
•WaitingImpatiently called them to ask if there has been any movement. They said no.•••••I called them to ask if there has been any movement. They said no. :p

Members don't see this ad :)
thanx... ugh, looks like more waiting for us...

Hopefully you guys get some good news soon

i called the admissions office today and they told me that the class is still full or something. the lady on the phone didn't know or say a whole lot. she just told me that she doesn't know when things are going to happen, but the admissions office would call the students the same day the committee meets, so who knows...

Anyone know know if USC over accepts?

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Hero:
•Anyone know know if USC over accepts?•••••Yes. 207 people were asked to the second look day, and and few more were asked later on in the two weeks following. I'm not sure if those later people were part of the 207, I would guess not. So I would estimate USC has accepted 220-230 or so.
I know that two years they accidently overaccepted, and had major problems with that. I don't think they would make the same mistake, so I would expect more movement on the waitlist now than before.

Well last I heard they accepted 209 people, and with a class size of 160, they overaccepted. I heard that last year (or the year before last) they accepted too many people and the class ended up being too full. I think they are being very careful this year not to over-overaccept.

how many applicants are usually pulled from the waitlist?

Hey Hero, Waiting and everyone else

I'm defering my admission, so hopefully one of you gets some good news.

Good luck

thanks UCSFallthway. I hope you have a great year!

Here's a quote from my waitlist letter:

•••quote:••• Last year over 100 of our accepted students had multiple acceptances. This means, that from May through the beginning of August, positions may become available as some students give up their space and choose to attend another medical school. As soon as this happens we will offer spaces to candidates on the alterante list. Last year, about one quarter of the class came from the alternate list. We will contact you as soon as we know the status of your position. Please remain encouraged; your chances are still very strong. ••••so that means about 40 people will be pulled from the waitlist.