USC vs UB

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ronu24

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello friends I need help to find out which one is good.
USC or UB (univ. of Buffalo)?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi ronu24,
Me too I want to ask which one is better, USC or UMich

Thanks

Hi ronu24,
Me too I want to ask which one is better, USC or UMich

Thanks
also want to ask which is better uop or uic

Members don't see this ad :)

USC..as far as i know UB is too costly...don't know much about the UB International dentist program though.

while i am reading these post, as student and now as practicing dentist i just want to put my opinion also based on my experiences with friends who graduated from some of tehse schools;

UB is one of the best training programs in the country:). Most of the faculty itself are international and have trained from similar programs. they are all very nice and know exactly the needs of international dentists in terms of their training and family needs. they work hard to train them effectively. one of my friend who got her traing from UB IDP is one very happy person on earth in terms of her very effective training. She is very satisfied and proud and was given the best dentist of her practice award within only 3 months of her graduation when most of her other colleagues are graduates of IDP from UPENN and BOSTON and practicing for 5-6years and take her advice. she got selected into postgraduate program of her choice in the very first attempt because of her best training at UB. at UB several implant placement is a requirement in addtition to effective traing in other parts of general dentistry. That is money well spent:). regarding the cost, by living in bigger and busier cities like Boston, chicago, new york city and los angeles, one ends up paying more money and lesser quality of life in reality. and who has time to enjoy a town or weather in such a busy program when most of the time is spent in labs or clinics. so when it comes to comprison, UB is certainly the best choice:thumbup:.

Not only in california, but in the entire country, USC has one of the worst IDP:eek:. Faculty here itself is confused about teh curriculum and cannot abruptly change it as that will leave a very bad impression of this program. students are very Dissatisfied once they graduate because when they are in real practicing life they realise their bad training:eek:. i just wonder, if one has choice of going into nicer nad better training programs like UMICHIGAN and University at Buffalo, why would they choose USC?? of course one's choice..

I always heard very good things about the training of both UOP and UCSF. they meet the students need very effectively and graduates are always satisfied and very happy:cool:.

I have never come across one graduate of UIC IDDP who is clinically good or happy with the training at UIC:eek:. one would be lucky to have a good training faculty at UIC but unfortunately that is very rare. i just wonder why does the program not concentrate on improving when it charges a very high fee:mad:. this is certainly a poor program to go to especially if one has choice to go to a better one. after all every one will spend a lot of money and energy in these programs then why waste it all by choosing poor programs???

Hi

Is USC ASPID program really that bad... I have only one option, USC. Are the graduates not confident about their clinical skills after completing the program as I want be more focussed on my clincal skiils...PLease tell me in detail about the program...

Thanx

Hi

Is USC ASPID program really that bad... I have only one option, USC. Are the graduates not confident about their clinical skills after completing the program as I want be more focussed on my clincal skiils...PLease tell me in detail about the program...

Thanx
if you have only one option than why are you thinking so much...go for it......:)

Hi

Thanx
I have friends graduated from USC, UOP, Boston and UIC. Everyone is doing well. Few of them doing PG and some of them have their own practice now. I have never heard any kind of complaints. So just go ahead with positive attitude. All the best.

I have friends graduated from USC, UOP, Boston and UIC. Everyone is doing well. Few of them doing PG and some of them have their own practice now. I have never heard any kind of complaints. So just go ahead with positive attitude. All the best.

Hello

Thank you so much for encouraging words. Actually I live in Canada and dont know much about the universities and dental students in USA. Everyone want to be best in clinical work which is goin to matter at the end.

Thank you

Hello

Thank you so much for encouraging words. Actually I live in Canada and dont know much about the universities and dental students in USA. Everyone want to be best in clinical work which is goin to matter at the end.

Thank you

U r welcome. Dn't go just by my opinion, try to get more information about the school. I totally understand how stressful the whole process of getting into dental school is.

can some other people please advise me which one is good program uic or buffalo. i can see other comments.

You are wrong. USC is one of the best schools. It has very good patient pool and you get to do variety of cases and faculty is also very supportive. I am saying this from personal experience. Dont bad mouth the school when you dont even know about it.
Not only in california, but in the entire country, USC has one of the worst IDP:eek:. Faculty here itself is confused about teh curriculum and cannot abruptly change it as that will leave a very bad impression of this program. students are very Dissatisfied once they graduate because when they are in real practicing life they realise their bad training:eek:. i just wonder, if one has choice of going into nicer nad better training programs like UMICHIGAN and University at Buffalo, why would they choose USC?? of course one's choice..

I always heard very good things about the training of both UOP and UCSF. they meet the students need very effectively and graduates are always satisfied and very happy:cool:.

I have never come across one graduate of UIC IDDP who is clinically good or happy with the training at UIC:eek:. one would be lucky to have a good training faculty at UIC but unfortunately that is very rare. i just wonder why does the program not concentrate on improving when it charges a very high fee:mad:. this is certainly a poor program to go to especially if one has choice to go to a better one. after all every one will spend a lot of money and energy in these programs then why waste it all by choosing poor programs???