WaitingImpatiently

Long Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2002
Visit site
Status
Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the outdoors, but I think this might be a nice opportunity to get to know some of my future classmates. The cost ($45-55) isn't a big deal, but it won't be worth it if only a handful of people go.

About the Ads

Oski

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2002
Los Feliz
Visit site
Status
I'm definitely going.

Where are you guys living?

I've been driving around LA for the last three days trying to figure that out.

OP
W

WaitingImpatiently

Long Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2002
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by Oski
I'm definitely going.

Oski, you don't have a place to live yet? Commuting to LA from Del Mar for 8am classes will be NO fun!

Jalby

I fight crime at day when Batman are sleeping.
15+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2001
La La land, having moved on with life.
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Wow. Everybodies going. I've been planning on it, but I have yet to mail in my confirmation yet. I think it would be fun.
Oski, I'll check around for you, but I don't know of any open places right now. You called everybody on the rooming sheet they mail out, right?

LizardKing

Veteran Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 6, 2001
Status
Best places to live for Keck (in order of best commute times):

1. Monterey Hills/S. Pasadena
2. Downtown (but rent is $$$$)
3. Alhambra/Monterey Park
4. USC undergrad campus
5. Koreatown (can be dangerous)
6. Los Feliz
7. Mid-Wilshire
8. Park La Brea

Originally posted by Oski
I'm definitely going.

dr kevin40

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2002
cali
ghetto you
Status
whaaaaaaa???????

Downtown ain't closer to med campus than alhambra....oh less u live by the freeway. don't live in downtown. terrorist attacks. but fo sho SP ain't closer than alh/mp...its actually farther.

LizardKing

Veteran Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 6, 2001
Status
Actually, I live in downtown and it only takes me 3 min. to get to Keck. I jump right on the 10E/101N interchange and by the time it hits the 5S entrance, I'm there. Most people don't know this shortcut.

So the commute time from downtown rivals that of Monterey Hills. But that's only if you live in the Financial District of downtown.

Originally posted by dr kevin40
whaaaaaaa???????

Downtown ain't closer to med campus than alhambra....oh less u live by the freeway. don't live in downtown. terrorist attacks. but fo sho SP ain't closer than alh/mp...its actually farther.
:cool:

LizardKing

Veteran Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 6, 2001
Status
I'm considering traffic though. You know traffic to and fro Monterey Park is hell. People in S. Pasadena usually take Soto St., which doesn't get that much volume.

Originally posted by dr kevin40
whaaaaaaa???????

dr kevin40

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2002
cali
ghetto you
Status
how come u never invited me to party at yo place. sucks :)

BTW, i'm reaaaaaly catching up to u in # of posts very fast

OP
W

WaitingImpatiently

Long Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2002
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by LizardKing
I'm considering traffic though. You know traffic to and fro Monterey Park is hell.
Actually, traffic from MP to Keck is hell if you hop on the 10. If you take some of the smaller streets (Monterey Pass Road, etc.), it ain't that bad, maybe 10-15 minutes at the most.

Jalby

15+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2001
Status
Pre-Veterinary
What's up bdubya. Welcome to SDN, of course, I doubt you will be staying long.
As for where to live, I'm a huge fan of Monterrey Hills. Right next to campus, and also right next to the 110 if you want to go to clubs and bars in Hollywood. That's one reason I don't like Alhambra or South Pas.

Jalby

15+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2001
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Yes I did. Tonight is going to be my first night sleeping there. (Hooray) And I get the over the air channels great, so I don't have to worry about getting cable for at least a day or three.

El Jefe

The Jefe
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2002
Los Angeles
Visit site
Status
I didn't send in the Probe form yet. I just got back from a camping trip, so I'm a little hesitant about going again so soon. But it would be cool to do something with everyone.

Heh I've been out of town for a while so I have no place to live still, and haven't called any of the ad sheet people. Looks like I'll be doing the West LA commute for a while. We'll see how many 8am lectures I make it to :).

strokchik

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2002
Los Angeles
Visit site
Status
I'm right there with you with regard to the commute. Maybe we'll carpool if the parking situation is too insane.

But if you decide on USC, you should go on the trip. It'll be fun...

AznTrojan

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 3, 2002
Status
hey everyone.. i'm a long time lurker.. and also an upcoming 2nd year med student (starting school on monday... grr)

anyways.. i just wanted to congratulate everyone going to keck.. see you all at the bbq..

Hero

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Alright i've been left out of the loop. did you get this camp thing via email or in the mail? i've got a stack of mail to check.. hmm..

but i'm in on the camp thing if i can make it :)

About the Ads