USC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

Sabrina

Hi. I was just wondering. . for those of you who got an interview at USC, what are your mcat scores and gpa like?

I'm curious because I want to know if I have a chance. (USC's my first choice)

(I completed my secondary application months ago but have not heard from SC at all)

Members don't see this ad.

MCAT 30 (12V, 8PS, 10BS, M)
Cum GPA 3.5, Science GPA 3.4, Stanford undergrad

what makes usc your first choice? I'm curious b/c I've never been to la or to usc before.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey SMW, when was your AMCAS verified? (I know you probably already mentioned it somewhere).
Good luck - when are you going to be at USC?

hey SMW,

congrats on the interview! did the admissions committee mention if they are rolling admissions or not?

how soon after the interview do they notify you of a final decision?

chef,

sc is my first choice b/c i have had a really good experience volunteering there. everyone there is really nice. . the volunteer coordinator, the doctors, and the other volunteers.

Sabrina - I asked USC and they said they are not really rolling because they don't fill up the class before everyone is reviewed. However, they accept people in waves. Friends of mine who go to USC say that they heard in January, and some heard in May. I have been told that they are really behind (from a professor here). He said that usually by now, there are droves of interviewees in campus, but they haven't really gotten into the masses yet. So, if you've been granted an interview, congrats! And for those of you who are still waiting like me, I think it is still early. (even though it stinks). They are also reviews apps in the order they come in as verified AMCAS applications. My secondary was done in August, but I was not verified til Oct, so USC didn't get my stuff until pretty late. So I hope that is why I haven't heard.
Good luck!

lilninja, I was verified 10/12, submitted my secondary on 10/14 and got the invite on 11/29. I will be interviewing in mid-February.

Sabrina, they said a decision could be made as soon as several weeks after the interview or as late as the end of April. They also said "Be aware that your chances of acceptance are not determined by the date of your interview. The class of 160 is not filled until the Admissions Committee has reviewed the files of all interviewed candidates." So it sounds to me like it's kind of modified rolling.