Usciences aka Philadelphia College of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

richardp

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey i haven't seen a thread on this school, But I have recently been accepted to this college, is anyone going to be going there this year?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey i haven't seen a thread on this school, But I have recently been accepted to this college, is anyone going to be going there this year?

I know this is a late reply and I sincerely hope you decided to rethink USciences. But I genuinely hate it here... they don’t care about anything other than money. As a pharmacy student, they lure you in with the promise of small classes where professors learn your name and take a real interest in you as a person. This is a bold face lie. You are nothing but a number to them and all you do is bring in tuition dollars. I’ve been here for far too long, just trying to get by. I’ve never had panic attacks before coming here and I genuinely don’t believe the majority of professors care about me or my wellbeing. There are a few who care, but not many. I’ve had the unfortunate pleasure of dealing with certain professors who have told me that I shouldn’t be a pharmacist and that I’d be better off just giving up. I’ve been beat down repeatedly and scorned for being “unprofessional” even though half of the professors themselves can’t even respond to an email. I’m so sick of being patronized time and time again. Literally no one will bother to learn your name or bother to learn about who you are as a person, don’t waste your time or money here.

There is a reason why their incoming class size is getting smaller and now they are desperate for more pharmacy students. I'm not from USP but I've heard bad things about USP over and over again

Now, please don’t take what I said to reflect poorly on USci grads, because they are more than ready to handle anything that the world gives them. I do believe I am stronger for having to go through USciences (not that any other school is a bad pharmacy school, just that USci makes it incredibly difficult just to pass and stay sane for 6 years straight). I really would like to go into academia, simply because I know exactly how NOT to treat my students. Anyway, they implemented a lot of changes this year, which all somehow made it more inconvienent and difficult for the student to do well. And with this new added technology, they think they can get away with cutting corners and make things easier for administration, when it has significantly impacted mine as well as other students’ grades. I really don’t think they think before they implement these things. And it is just so infuriating to me that they think they can belittle me for standing up for what I believe is right. If you want to go to a school where you’re treated as an actual person, this is not the one for you.