USC's next round of acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rok917

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else is waiting anxiously like me for the next round of acceptance for USC. I think (hopefully) they will be sending them out early this week.

Good Luck Everyone

Members don't see this ad.

Just wondering if anyone else is waiting anxiously like me for the next round of acceptance for USC. I think (hopefully) they will be sending them out early this week.

Good Luck Everyone

I am right here waiting with ya! I am really hoping to stay in Southern California but at this point I'm just praying for an acceptance.

I'm also anxiously waiting. When did you guys interview and submit the 'contact info' sheet?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm also anxiously waiting. When did you guys interview and submit the 'contact info' sheet?

I interviewed Feb 7th and submitted the contact sheet the same day I received it, so around Feb 10th or 11th. You? Does anyone have any other acceptances yet?

I actually interviewed October 2nd and I'm from out of state, so hopefully I have a chance still since its been awhile since I interviewed.

best of luck I hope to see you guys joining us next fall

no i have not...but lets hope they will send us emails today or tomorrow..

good luck

hey guys,
According to B Steele (cool nick name huh? I came up with it) they should be sent out the next day. However its been a week after interview and I still haven't received that letter. I live in NorCal so it should only take at most 2 days for the letter to get up here. Anyways, I was wondering how long it took for u guys to receive that letter after ur interview.

Praying every day
Wilson

I had an interview there today, and he definitely didn't tell us that offers would be sent out the day after interviews. He did say that they are sending out more offers today and tomorrow, but I'm assuming those would not include offers for people who interviewed today.

i just got an acceptance email! im sooooo happy! xD

Members don't see this ad :)
What a big fat liar. USC specifically said their adcom will meet at the end of february to review all the interviewed applicants' files then decide who to send out accceptance to. Keep making stuff up and confuse other people. If you went to the "interview" they should have sepecifically told everyone about this so applicants' won't burst ther land lines.

Keep waiting though, good news should be coming in the next few weeks!

i got the email yesterday as well

Anyone who interviewed in late Jan. get that acceptance email?

Yes I interviewed jan 30th and got the email too

Hey guys, I also had an interview at USC Dental School January 29th and unlike some of you guys I didn't get the acceptance email on Feb 26th (Congratulations to all of you that did I am sure that it must be a great feeling). I was just wondering if anybody knows if they are going to be sending more emails out in the first few weeks of march or if the march batch is over with? Also since I didn't get an acceptance email, does anybody have any idea if there is still a good shot off of the alternate list? USC is my number one choice and I would be so thankful to be apart of the class of 2013

hey- so i interviewed feb 6 and got the acceptance email feb 26 around 5 pm pst time. i remember brian saying they would be sending out acceptances at the end of each month. i know if you call the school, they may not know what is going on. i called them feb 26 saying i would be out of the country till the end of march and didn 't know if i would have internet or not and wanted to know my status so i could prepare the deposit. the lady i talked to said they would be sending out acceptances next week (early march) and that was all she could tell me. well she was wrong as i received an email that same afternoon. well, i hope this information helps and feel free to contact me with any other questions.

Hey guys, I also had an interview at USC Dental School January 29th and unlike some of you guys I didn't get the acceptance email on Feb 26th (Congratulations to all of you that did I am sure that it must be a great feeling). I was just wondering if anybody knows if they are going to be sending more emails out in the first few weeks of march or if the march batch is over with? Also since I didn't get an acceptance email, does anybody have any idea if there is still a good shot off of the alternate list? USC is my number one choice and I would be so thankful to be apart of the class of 2013

I was wondering the same thing. Are they going to send out more acceptances next week?

One of my friends interviewed in late February and they said they could be sending acceptances from now all the way until end of May because not everyone accepts the seat. So just keep your fingers crossed.

In my interview, which was not too long ago, Brian said they will be giving out acceptances in 3-4 weeks. So thats probably the end of March. I wish it was sooner, but that was exactly what he said! Good luck guys!

When you say that's the end of March, do you mean that the March acceptance emails/letters are done with or that they will continue sending out more acceptance letters till the end of March? Thanks for all your help.

When you say that's the end of March, do you mean that the March acceptance emails/letters are done with or that they will continue sending out more acceptance letters till the end of March? Thanks for all your help.

There is gonna be more! But there will be a point where they are going to be really picky on their acceptances and only sending emails one by one as oppose to bulk acceptances...not sure when that point will be, but its not at the end of March

Did anybody call to ask whether there will be another bulk acceptance this week??

Hey I was thinking about calling tomorrow or the day after. If you (ocgal) called already let me know what you found out. Thanks and I will also post what I find when I call..

Did anybody call to ask whether there will be another bulk acceptance this week??

I think they will send another batch of emails at the end of March....

So today is the last interview for usc. I think in the next few weeks there will be a lot more offers going out.

Hey I was thinking about calling tomorrow or the day after. If you (ocgal) called already let me know what you found out. Thanks and I will also post what I find when I call..

Hey GotTeeth, did you call? I didn't have the chance to, today.

Anyone have any recent news on the next batch of acceptances? Anyone out there who interviewed there yesterday have any updates? Im dying to hear from them.

Any new updates? Are they going to send out another batch end of March?

I called last week and they confirmed to me that the next batch of acceptances is indeed going out end of march. Anyone hear anything different?

I called last week and they confirmed to me that the next batch of acceptances is indeed going out end of march. Anyone hear anything different?

I heard that their committee meets monthly. I hope I could get that acceptance email this month. I really want to go. Do you guys know if they are doing additional interviews (the last interview was March. 5th)?
I wonder how many spots are left at this point.

I called USC today and they said that they will be sending out acceptances end of the month. They also said that they are about 75% full and there are no more interviews being conducted. They interviewed close to 600 people.

I called USC today and they said that they will be sending out acceptances end of the month. They also said that they are about 75% full and there are no more interviews being conducted. They interviewed close to 600 people.

75%! I'm starting to lose hope.:eek:

hopefully they fill the last 25% with the interviews they had recently Feb 24 - March 5 lol..

How is that possible? I interviewed at the end of February and Mr. Steele said that the class was only a 1/3 full. So in 2 weeks, another 40% was filled?

How is that possible? I interviewed at the end of February and Mr. Steele said that the class was only a 1/3 full. So in 2 weeks, another 40% was filled?

They probably had sent out a batch of acceptances around that time. Also, come this time of year, many applicants are waiting for a first acceptance so the percentage of people who decline the USC acceptances is a lot less (hence the exponential filling rate).

Wow can someone else varify this?? I might be lookin like this dude if it is true--->:scared::scared:---->:wow: then eventually--->:cry: I will call tomorrow...(juss so I can believe it myself!) Good luck guys!

They probably had sent out a batch of acceptances around that time. Also, come this time of year, many applicants are waiting for a first acceptance so the percentage of people who decline the USC acceptances is a lot less (hence the exponential filling rate).

I understand what you are saying about first time acceptances, but my question is let's say that you interviewed during the Jan 29th - Feb 18th period (which I did) and let's say that you didn't hear back from them the earliest date possible which was around Feb26th, what are your chances of getting in now and since we did interview without acceptance does that mean that we are automatically favored less than those who interviewed say from Feb 26th to March 5th? Thanks Hysteria24, I've been reading your posts over the last few years and it is really good to find a person that is just trying to help others out during this chaotic time.

75% full! Oh no my chances of getting an acceptance shot down since I'm out of state.
Correct me I'm wrong but, from what I remember and from looking at predents it looks like they re-review everyone (no matter when you interviewed) and then send out acceptances.

75% full! Oh no my chances of getting an acceptance shot down since I'm out of state.

USC is private and gives no instate preference. The reason why we have a large amount of students from CA is that CA students tend to pick this institution over out-of-state schools

Correct me I'm wrong but, from what I remember and from looking at predents it looks like they re-review everyone (no matter when you interviewed) and then send out acceptances.

Technically everyone is placed on a "waitlist" after they interview. Every time the school sends out acceptances, they refer to that list and pull some lucky folks off that list.

I'm not sure if they would re-review everyone (long and tedious process), but would probably look over the more competitive applications.