use supplement answers from last year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharm2006

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I re-applying to the few schools as I applied last year, and some of these schools supplement application are the same as last year,

is it a good idea to use the same answers for the supplement essays that I used last year?

good luck....

Members don't see this ad.

Its ok . But just make sure you add or change stuff. Like what you did to make yourself a more qualified applicant this year. That's what I did. I had stuff from the past that I feel really strongly would help me do well in pharmacy school and such... So yeah good luck =)

Members don't see this ad :)
I re-applying to the few schools as I applied last year, and some of these schools supplement application are the same as last year,

is it a good idea to use the same answers for the supplement essays that I used last year?

good luck....

They didn't work for you last year, why would you use the same ones? :confused:

I think it kind of depends. If you were a good candidate last year and feel that the schools actually read your personal statment and supplemental answers, and that those answers may have prevented you from getting in, then I would definitely do something different. But if you applied last year with a low PCAT score and low GPA and have improved in those areas I would think that it would be ok to use the same answers (if you feel they are good answers), because most likely a low PCAT score would get your application thrown out without the essay questions being read. For example, I applied last year with a 56 PCAT-- knew I wasn't going to get in, just didn't have time to study and was planning on really applying this year. However, I spent a lot of time on my supplemental applications/ personal statement, and feel that they are great. This year, I am applying with an 80+ PCAT score, and didn't really change my supplemental app answers, because I felt that they were already good answers.