Use UWorld throughout 3rd year or save it for Step 2 CK?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rocketbooster

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The Dean at my school was very adamant not to use UWorld during the year to study for shelf exams. She insists on only using it at the end of the year to keep it fresh for Step 2 CK.

Is this what most of you did? Saved it until right before CK? In that case, what qbank did you use instead to study for shelves? Pretest keeps coming up...that good enough?

Members don't see this ad.

The Dean at my school was very adamant not to use UWorld during the year to study for shelf exams. She insists on only using it at the end of the year to keep it fresh for Step 2 CK.

Is this what most of you did? Saved it until right before CK? In that case, what qbank did you use instead to study for shelves? Pretest keeps coming up...that good enough?

I did what your dean advised you not to do and used UW for shelf exams along the way. Did well on most of them largely because of that, and judging by the first self-assessment I took on the NBME's site for CK, that didn't put me at a disadvantage now.