• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

nuclearrabbit77

commercial sex worker
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2002
Chicago, IL
www.intellectualwhores.com
Status
m1-3's. if you are thinking between specialities, remember that your gender will play a role in your application strength. programs want to gender balance as much as they can. if you are the minority, it will help.

female dominated: most to least: ob/gyn, peds, derm, optho.
male dominated: most to least: radiology, most surgery fields.

NRAI2001

3K Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 5, 2001
Cali
nuclearrabbit77 said:
m1-3's. if you are thinking between specialities, remember that your gender will play a role in your application strength. programs want to gender balance as much as they can. if you are the minority, it will help.

I thought u meant using sex as a tool :laugh:

About the Ads

UCSBMed1

SoCal Hater
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 14, 2002
Sacramento, CA
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
nuclearrabbit77 said:

Thanks for the great unknown advice! :laugh:

potato51

10+ Year Member
Oct 10, 2005
Status
Attending Physician
I don't think derm is really that female dominated, from looking at recent derm matchlists.

vtrain

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 18, 2002
The other side of no where
Visit site
Status
And ophtho female dominated? I don't think that is really the case - it's a pretty good balance, probably moreso than other specialties.

About the Ads