Technology Useful iPad Apps Please Help!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UltimateHombre

Doc Holliday D.D.S.
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok... so i just got an iPad, actually won it at work!!! :D I am way stoked about it, but i have not owned a recent iPod, iPhone, or Mac. If anyone has suggestions on specific apps that would help with school i would really appreciate it.

Looking for note taking apps, microsoft office type stuff that allows you to edit docs, any graphical analysis type app, anything that could be useful with school, or games and entertainment.

Any suggestions would be great. Prefer free, but i don't mind spending money to get the most use out of it, after all it was free!

Thanks!!!! :D:D:D

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you'll find that it's a much better tool for wasting time, than saving it. ;)

angry birds. the rest will work itself out.

angry birds. the rest will work itself out.

This, times 10. Just like the iPhone, I just don't think there is much use for an iPad in dental school (besides helping to pass the time in class). I know a kid at UMKC props his up next to his lab bench and watches TV shows while there are waiting periods.

Members don't see this ad :)
jailbreak it then download everything for free

evernote
noterize
dropbox
dragon dictation

you're welcome

Definitely get Evernote for keeping notes that can be access everywhere. Get Papers to read medical journals. App articles is good access wikipedia.

Last edited:
N00bs. Here's the list you need:

GoodReader: Reads every document pretty much ever, especially PDF's. PDF annotation, highlighting, handwritten/typewritten notes on pages, etc. This is my main study tool and ereader.

AirVideo: Streams all movies, all formats from your home PC (must be on and online). Use to stream Movies or Lectures.

AudioGalaxy: Streams all music from your home PC. Will also stream to the audiogalaxy website accessible from any machine on the web (with login, of course). Can also be used to stream lectures.

Stanza: Great for reading fun books for free.

Epocrates: Duh. Technically an iPhone app, but it works fine.

Medical Mnemonics: Neat app.

Plants vs. Zombies: Way better than Angry Birds.

Netflix: So much streaming, so little time. Also have some neat medical documentaries.

I heart radio: streams all your favorite Clear Channel stations from around the country.

Medscape: nice medical app. Good writeups. Might be better than Epocrates.

Jump Desktop: Remote Desktop access to your home PC. Great for doing USMLE World Questions.

News360: Good, free news aggregator.

That should get you started.