User Review needed for Berkeley Review, Golden standard, and Berkeley Review!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Coffee

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok guys I've done searches for columbia review, gold standard, and berkeley review and found very few comprehensive "user reviews." That is, I'm looking for solid reviews from people who have studied the material and can offer me some words of wisdom.. ie warn me, or talk me into purchasing materials from some of the above

I've completely used up my TPR and aamc practice tests.

It would be really great if you guys could review practice material and "mock mcat cbts" from the three above programs. Also, if there are other materials/programs out that I'm not aware of, please let me know.

I'm particularly looking for verbal practice and full length exams.

Members don't see this ad.

Berkeley Review & Examkrackers

Chemistry and Physics:

I didn't understand anything about acids/bases... titration/solution chemistry... Berkeley Review made it so much easier to understand. The Physics is explained pretty well too... if you have the time, go through both.

Bio: Examkrackers.. great book.. not much else to say about it

Kaplan's class is pretty pointless (I took it) .. except for its online materials.... which you can get from a friend or other sources... you could also always buy the AAMC tests separately

Berkeley Review & Examkrackers

Chemistry and Physics:

I didn't understand anything about acids/bases... titration/solution chemistry... Berkeley Review made it so much easier to understand. The Physics is explained pretty well too... if you have the time, go through both.

Bio: Examkrackers.. great book.. not much else to say about it

Kaplan's class is pretty pointless (I took it) .. except for its online materials.... which you can get from a friend or other sources... you could also always buy the AAMC tests separately

Hey,

In regards to the Kaplan online materials, what "other sources" are you talking about?

Wow, what a blast from the past. I used to teach for Berkeley Review back in the day (like, the 90's) so I'm both biased and long outdated, but the reputation of the dudes who run the place has always been excellent. Their materials are hardcore and super rigorous, and they've always had great instructors (with me as a glaring exception :p). I actually took their course before I taught it, and it worked out great. Highly recommended! :thumbup: