USF, MIami

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gettin'

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Whats the deal with south florida. Any acceptances. I apllied to both and still havn't gotten an interview. Any people got interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

There were two SDN peeps that posted USF interviews last I checked, but dont know about Miami.

Check the LONG interview thread which seems to have fallen back to page 2 or 3 by now..

USF started regular decision interviews on Monday, Oct 8. It took them 3 weeks to decide on the first group, but they hope to make it quicker after that. Call them and ask about your status, if you're kind, good things might happen. Luckily for me, the day after I called to make sure my character letters were in, I received an interview call.

USeF:

Have you heard anything new from UFlorida since being put on hold, or have you sent them anything? I interviewed there last month and I was put on hold. I want to get in, already!!

Members don't see this ad :)
BTW, I interviewed at Miami last month, so they've already kicked off their admission season. They're going to start notifying interviewees mid-november.

I interviewed at Miami early in October (12th) and still haven't heard a thing. I am getting a bit nervous, but the director of admissions said we would hear from them in 3 to 4 weeks. Did anybody who interviewed in October here anything yet?

I also interviewed last month. Haven't heard anything yet. MiamiMarmot, how do you know they are going to start notifying interviewees in mid-November?

MiamiM: writing UF a letter is something I've been debating. The way I look at it is this: we're all in the process of finding the best school for ourselves, no? Well, we give no school any assurance until later that they are definitely the school for us.

So what is the problem with the schools doing the same until they have the assurance that we will attend?

MD2Be06: During the interview day, the Dean of Admissions told us that the first committee meeting would be mid-to-late November.

USeF: I agree with your post. I've decided not to contact UF at all unless I decide that they're my number one choice. Right now, I'm getting ready for my Pittsburgh interview, so I'm not ready to commit to anyone.

I have a question for you Florida folks :) I have recently been accepted by USF (yay!)and have a Miami interview coming up. USF is a higher (much more affordable) pick in my opinion but should I attend the Miami interview anyway?

Sure, why not? It would be nice to choose, provided you got accepted there.