USF Status

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NervousNed

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm an august mcater, and im wondernig what my status is at USF, just to see if they even receieved all my LORS , etc., i've emailed them to check this status, because it says this is how they tell you your status, but they have not responded...they say they get back to you in one business day, but its been over a few weeks....is something wrong? did anyone else have trouble checking their status for USF?

Thanks,

ps (im nervous)

Members don't see this ad.

USF has a status page? What's the URL for it?

In regards to your app, I would'nt stress over it yet, the folks at USF deserve to get the AAMC's award for being the best medical school admissions office in the U.S.

I'm sure they will get back to you.

USF will send you an email notifying you that all your documents in. That being said, I got that email a month ago but when i look online it says that my secondary has been received but not processed (not sure if that means I am still in line). the status like page is just if you go back to the secondary and access it. USF is the most honest, up front admin I have ever seen and like the op says, they deserve a medal and other schools should take notice. Also, they have a liason that is on sdn, REL, and he will prob respond to this thread. Good luck us!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, facewait, that's what my status page-thing for USF says, and I know I am complete there because I have an interview there, so I would guess that you are still in line for an interview. Mine said that before and after I got the complete e-mail, so I don't think that thing is supposed to tell you whether you are complete or not. I think, like someone else said, it is just to be used if you want to go back to your secondary. Of course, I don't know anymore than anyone else does about all this stuff, so that is just a guess!

Also, OP, I had some problems e-mailing USF about getting the secondary. I don't know if I had the address wrong or what, but I know I had to send the e-mail several times. So, I don't know, maybe they didn't get your e-mail. I wouldn't get worried. I sent all my LORs and other materials to all my schools on the same day, and it took me longer to become complete at USF than it did at all of my other schools. They probably just got flooded with August MCATer applications. It hasn't been that long since scores came out, has it?

But I totally understand the nervousness; this process is so stressful. Before I was complete, I checked my e-mail, like, every hour for complete notifications, and now that I am complete everywhere I check it constantly hoping for interview invites! Don't worry, though, I'm sure you'll get that e-mail soon.

Good luck.

I am also worried because I have not recieved an email stating that my application was complete yet. I sent everything in, but apparently they have not recieved my photo, signature page, or residency affidavit. How long did it take them to update this in people's file. It has been several weeks since I mailed it out. I was thinking of mailing it out again.

OP- The first time I emailed them, they got back to me the next day. The next two times it was just a few days. I would email them again.

FLSurf, how long did it take for you to be complete before they offered you an interview (if you dont mind me asking) Thanks@!

Hey, I can't remember the exact date that I got the call about my interview, but I know that I was complete around Sept. 20, and I was offered an interview in early October. I think it was sometime around the 5th or so. I guess it probably took about two weeks after I was complete. I hope that helps.

Also, I wouldn't start freaking out if it's been more than two weeks. I totally know how hard it is not to go crazy about everything during the application cycle, but, you know, they probably just got a flood of August MCATers to look over, so it might help to take that into account.

Good luck!!

Hey, I can't remember the exact date that I got the call about my interview, but I know that I was complete around Sept. 20, and I was offered an interview in early October. I think it was sometime around the 5th or so. I guess it probably took about two weeks after I was complete. I hope that helps.

Also, I wouldn't start freaking out if it's been more than two weeks. I totally know how hard it is not to go crazy about everything during the application cycle, but, you know, they probably just got a flood of August MCATers to look over, so it might help to take that into account.

Good luck!!

Just a note....due to the increase in applications I am attempting to train in another to answer emails.....sometimes things get overlooked in the learning process. If you dont get an answer in a couple of days, send another email. It'll help me to monitor what is happening. I really want this to still be about a 24 hour response to emails when possible. Of course from Friday last week until very late Wed pm this week we were traveling to/from Seattle for the annual AAMC meeting were most med schools were also in attendance. I hope that this helps.