USF undergrad pre-meds

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

farvabull

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any USF undergraduate pre-meds here that have already applied? I'm a sophomore here and i just have a few questions about what ur stats are and if you got accepted to any schools "out-of-state".

Members don't see this ad.

I am a USF Post-Bac and applied and got accepted to "in-state" school. Sorry I could not be of more help.

Members don't see this ad :)
DrMarioNES said:
I am a USF Post-Bac and applied and got accepted to "in-state" school. Sorry I could not be of more help.

it's cool, congrats on ur acceptance...cuz honestly, i'll go "wherever" i get in, lol.

my friend did undergrad at USF and got into USF COM. she was a bio major, 3.8 gpa and a 24 mcat (8's in all sections)..she had really good LOR's and very minimal volunteer/work/research experience. she didnt get in the first time she applied though. but work hard and you'll get in...

farvabull said:
it's cool, congrats on ur acceptance...cuz honestly, i'll go "wherever" i get in, lol.
Well if you need any help let me know since I have been at USF for quite some time. I know my way around the school pretty well. I'll be leaving at the end of April to begin my new journey at FSU.

thx guys...it's always good to have resources from the same undergrad. Mario...was FSU your first choice....and what was ur GPA/MCAT if u don't mind me asking. I've heard many good things about that COM.

USF was my first choice since I own a house in Tampa and my family as well as my wife's family are all in Tampa. My MCAT score was a 28P and my overall GPA is 3.53. Unfortunately my first interview was at USF and I wasn't as prepared as I should have been so I wasn't surprised when I was waitlisted. When I went to FSU I fell in love with their new college. The admissions faculty were great and the students made me feel like I belonged there (didn't get that feeling at USF). Also they emphasize primary care which is what I would like to do in the future. So as soon as I got my acceptance call I happily took up their offer.

DrMarioNES said:
USF was my first choice since I own a house in Tampa and my family as well as my wife's family are all in Tampa. My MCAT score was a 28P and my overall GPA is 3.53. Unfortunately my first interview was at USF and I wasn't as prepared as I should have been so I wasn't surprised when I was waitlisted. When I went to FSU I fell in love with their new college. The admissions faculty were great and the students made me feel like I belonged there (didn't get that feeling at USF). Also they emphasize primary care which is what I would like to do in the future. So as soon as I got my acceptance call I happily took up their offer.

thx alot....too bad FSU isn't located in tampa, lol. But yea, as long as u have a good attitude about it, you'll get the most out of tally.