USF vs SLU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

meowmeowmix1

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Both of these are out of state and cost is not a factor to me unless it's a tie-breaker.

USF

Pros:
Great location
Nice and seemingly happy students and faculty
Good research (I only want some research for experience, so this isn't important to me)
SELECT program, which will give me some extra leadership experience. An interest of mine.

Cons:
Moving to Allentown (I love the northeast, I just don't like the idea of moving)
Lower rank

SLU

Pros:
True pass/fail (This is important to me)
Big emphasis on student well-being and very receptive faculty
Curriculum schedule gives a lot of STEP 1 time

Cons:
Probation! Some people say this doesn't matter. Other people tell me to use it as a tie-breaker for other schools. Idk what to think.
Ok location. Can't see myself doing residency here. (But then again most of their students don't).
Little research (But it doesn't matter as long as I can just get one for experience)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
USF. Your cons for USF are pretty negligible compared to SLU.

Reactions: 1 users
Ah ok thanks guys! I guess the only significant con for USF then is the lack of a true pass/fail system. I know it's nbd to most people, but I do think it would be really good for me. It fits my study style better. Would you think USF is better considering that?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! I am also currently deciding between USF and SLU (assuming I don't get into my top choice). I am leaning toward USF for various reasons. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to discuss more :)