using amazon.com?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doc driven

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
thanks for the time. I used this site and got the wrong edition of the book-the 9th instead of the tenth. It was their fault. Has anyone else had problems with this site? In medical school, does it really matter what edition you have since the test is based off lectures, and the book is just a reference?
I appreciate your wisdom.

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on what book and what subject. Was this a new book from Amazon, or a used book from their marketplace? The only problems I've ever had have been when buying used books.

In any case, if you didn't get what you paid for, I'd send it back.

It's a langmans embryology book. It was only twenty dollars.

Members don't see this ad :)
They are good with returns, so I would send it back. Sometimes a prof will use a specific edition and reference it or teh pages, but lots of times you can use a different edition. It will all depend on the class and the prof. I always checked to make sure teh edition was the correct one before ordering. Just get in the habit of it and you should be fine from now on.

If it's from a seller working through amazon- contact that seller. I sell books through amazon, and if a customer told me I had made a mistake like that, I'd probably just refund the customer and not put him or her through the hassle of returning the book to me.

Does it matter what edition we buy of the board review books? I want to start annotating them as soon as school starts but wanted to buy the review books for cheap off amazon marketplace. Is it necessary that I wait for the most current edition?

Thanks.