using DAT Bootcamp to prep for OAT

teyes14

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has used DAT bootcamp to prep for the OAT and how did they end up scoring?
Also is the biology document provided by DAT bootcamp sufficent to excel in the biology portion of the OAT or would you recommend the Kaplan book?

Members don't see this ad.

currently studying for the OAT. I have been using the DAT camp for Biology. I like the bio document and it is pretty comprehensive. I've been using a mixture of chad's videos, DAT biocamp (just skimming mainly), youtube and kaplan

currently studying for the OAT. I have been using the DAT camp for Biology. I like the bio document and it is pretty comprehensive. I've been using a mixture of chad's videos, DAT biocamp (just skimming mainly), youtube and kaplan
For physics, O Chem and Gen Chem are you also using chads video? Or are you using the material you listed above for these 3 subjects too

I personally used DAT bootcamp to study for the OAT. I absolutely loved it. But since then they've like doubled the price so its up to you to decide if you really need it. I had a hard time just using Chad's videos and basically threw out my kaplan book. Dat bootcamp provided me with a lot of structure for my studying, which is what I needed. If you can really easily self study then maybe you dont need to get it. I know all the physics practice on it is free. Just check out their free resources first, see how well you do with it and if it's something that works well with you then go for it

Members don't see this ad :)
For physics, O Chem and Gen Chem are you also using chads video? Or are you using the material you listed above for these 3 subjects too

So i was an Ochem TA for 2 years, so I haven't really done much for it besides light review. There's this guy on youtube called Professor Dave that do really quick and short orgo review that i use but if you need deeper orgo review I would use probably chad's?

Gen chem for sure i have watched most of Chad's videos to relearn everything since it's been 3 years since i've taken gen chem and it has been very informative (sometimes almost too informative i think)

For physics, I'm in the live online OAT class and i watched their class for physics. For physics, i've been trying to do as many practice questions on the OAT destroyer because it's just one of those subjects (along with Gen chem) where you have to do it to get it if that makes sense.

I posted on this subthread before about my OAT schedule for more detail: Thoughts on my study plan for OAT in July?

I've been just trying to find the best way for me in preparation for my OAT in July

So i was an Ochem TA for 2 years, so I haven't really done much for it besides light review. There's this guy on youtube called Professor Dave that do really quick and short orgo review that i use but if you need deeper orgo review I would use probably chad's?

Gen chem for sure i have watched most of Chad's videos to relearn everything since it's been 3 years since i've taken gen chem and it has been very informative (sometimes almost too informative i think)

For physics, I'm in the live online OAT class and i watched their class for physics. For physics, i've been trying to do as many practice questions on the OAT destroyer because it's just one of those subjects (along with Gen chem) where you have to do it to get it if that makes sense.

I posted on this subthread before about my OAT schedule for more detail: Thoughts on my study plan for OAT in July?

I've been just trying to find the best way for me in preparation for my OAT in July

How did the OAT go for you? Do you think using the resources you mentioned were good enough?

I used DAT Bootcamp as well as Chad's videos and scored a 380 AA/390 TS
For biology did you use bootcamps 120 page doc or any additional sources ? in terms of practice questions for the TS which sources did you think were most repersentive of the actual thing?

For biology did you use bootcamps 120 page doc or any additional sources ? in terms of practice questions for the TS which sources did you think were most repersentive of the actual thing?
I used the 120 page document as well as the Biology Bootcamp Academy on their website which is a more comprehensive version of the 120 page document. I also read over Dr. Romano's biology notes. I definitely think DAT Bootcamp's practice questions for their science sections were very representative of what the actual OAT was like. I did a few problems from the Destroyer but they were much more difficult than what will actually be on the actual exam.

Hey! Was the physics questions on DAT Bootcamp representative of what the actual exam was like? I keep getting a mix of conceptual and calculation questions. Thanks!
Hello! I'm so sorry about the late response. From what I can remember, the physics questions on DAT Bootcamp was pretty representative of what the actual test was like. The calculations on the actual test were easier than DAT bootcamp; there isn't a lot of multistep problems. Also, I got a lot of conceptual questions on the actual test.