using estrogen and progestin lotion when taking oral contraceptive?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hwado685

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello,
i was wondering about this, and i couldnt find an answer for it on the internet so i decided to try my luck here...

if someone is taking oral contraceptive (to my knowledge birth control pills act by manipulating the levels of estrogen and progestin?), is it safe to use lotions/creams that contain estrogen and progestin? the cream im talking about is the female version of the testosteron (spelling? ^^; ) creams and patches u can buy in UK (and maybe in usa)... apparently this cream is used to regulate the levels of these hormones to get benifits such as sleeping better, getting better skin, more sex drive etc etc...

so if someone uses the cream, would it affect the oral contraceptive? any pharmacists out there can tell me whether they should or shouldnt use it? :)

thanx so much in advance :) any suggestions will be very much appreciated :)

Members don't see this ad.

I do apologize, but this should be directed to a pharmacist/MD in person. This site is not for dispensing professional advice for personal questions. Such threads will be closed. You may wish to check websites that specialize in medical advice, but I personally would go in person to a pharmacist or other appropriate healthcare professional.

Status
Not open for further replies.