using mcat books for dat?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

efh4

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have access to free Kaplan MCAT books...are the DAT science and verbal sections similar to the MCAT? Would these books be at all helpful?

Members don't see this ad.

I actually heard that some of the MCAT materials cover the science sections more thoroughly and are often better than the DAT materials, however, I'm not sure if this includes the Kaplan materials. Sorry. I know I read about this in a previous thread a few months ago. You may want to do a search.

Kaplan MCAT book will help you; especially on the Bio section. For O-chem/G-chem, I think regular DAT book is good enough. Don't do MCAT verbal for DAT, it's way too different.

I have both kaplan books. The MCAT book is almost identical (neraly word for word) to the DAT book as far as the sciences go, with the exception of physics which is not covered in the DAT. Additionally, the MCAT book has problem sets after each science section. They are only somewhat useful however, as they are in the format of the MCAT exam. hope this helps.