Using TBR for 2015 mcat?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dahmsom

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didn't retake the old mcat, and I'm currently using the TBR for the new 2015 mcat. i really need motivation on how to study for the new mcat. since I'm not sure how the format is gonna change. what books are you guys using for the neew mcat? i don't want to spend more money on the new 2015 books -_-

Members don't see this ad.

Since you already have the TBR, I would suggest using it for the science section of the MCAT. You'll need to buy Psych/Soc book. I would suggest buying Kaplan's Psych/Soc book since the book is very precise with content you need to know exactly for the test. I'm not a big fan of TBR, so I have purchased EK 9th edition. It doesn't matter what review books you utilize for the preparation as long as you cover every topic mentioned in the outline of AAMC. The key point is to practice MCAT styled passages. I would recommend doing Khan academy MCAT passages once you're done with the content review for each section and they are free of cost. The AAMC has also released practice set for each section if you need additional practice by spending few bucks. You can also utilize practice materials from the old MCAT if you have. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 users
I've heard the same thing. That is really a shame, as their material for the old MCAT, especially for the sciences was second to none. The risk with still using them is not having a clear picture of what material you need to know for the New MCAT and what you don't. I'd be worried about wasting a lot of time sorting through what's in and what's out. Bummer TBR...

TBR is fine for this MCAT, in fact their molecular biology book (book 2 for biology) is basically biochemistry, cell biology, immunology and genetics combined. I would say that TBR is still the only way to go, EK is really, really not good. For the psych/soc get the Princeton Review book for this.