Using the 3-month Study Schedule for the MCAT 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ven2083

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I plan on taking the MCAT on March 2013 and using SN2ed's 3 month schedule. I understand that the writing section will be taken out. I see that SN2ed started that thread in 2009 so I was wondering how it can be updated to fit the 2013 MCAT. From changing the schedule, what version of books to use, which practice exams, etc.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

If you want to use SN2ed, just make sure you have the newest edition of the books.. that's really all that's been updated.

I would also work in the AAMC Self-assessment package which has only recently come out but is a great resource.

Will you be studying during full time classes?

If you want to use SN2ed, just make sure you have the newest edition of the books.. that's really all that's been updated.

I would also work in the AAMC Self-assessment package which has only recently come out but is a great resource.

Will you be studying during full time classes?

s2ned schedule might be difficult if ure in school...i was out of school, and it was still difficult to follow.

Members don't see this ad :)
I made a thread with both 3mo and 4mo calendar files (usable in Google docs and/or iCal) for Jan2013. If you want a different date, post it on that thread
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=931815
and I will shift the dates and add those files. Alternatively, if anyone else has CaliBrate, they can shift the schedules themselves and post them to that thread (I recommend Dropbox).

Hope this is helpful!

I will be working part-time only. Graduating this fall. About how many hours a day does the 3-month or 4-month schedule take?

Last edited:
Although it was started in 09, I have updated it when necessary. There's not much changing for 2013; now 2015, that's something else.

Not sure if you did update it already but you should throw in something about the self assessment package. Definitely worth the buy and I'd say its best to do immediately after content review prior to any FLs.

I believe the plan relies largely on EK1001 discretes for pinpointing your weak topics...would definitely be interested in learning more about the self-assessment package, but I feel that it might be a little unrepresentative since at that point you haven't practiced any FL test taking at all. If their primary value is in assessing topic weaknesses, I think I'll stick to EK1001!

Last edited:
I believe the plan relies largely on EK1001 discretes for pinpointing your weak topics...would definitely be interested in learning more about the self-assessment package, but I feel that it might be a little unrepresentative since at that point you haven't practiced any FL test taking at all. If their primary value is in assessing topic weaknesses, I think I'll stick to EK1001!

They do a much better job of assessing topic weaknesses than EK1001 considering they are real MCAT questions on real MCAT topics.

I would definitely recommend them over EK1001 even. Best to use in conjunction but there is no better practice material than actual past questions.

They do a much better job of assessing topic weaknesses than EK1001 considering they are real MCAT questions on real MCAT topics.

I would definitely recommend them over EK1001 even. Best to use in conjunction but there is no better practice material than actual past questions.

I think discretes from EK1001 (or TPRH) are great if you want to pinpoint the areas where you are weakest in pure content. Passage based questions are a bit easier (and at the same time, harder) in that you have more clues to work with for the questions. The assessments only offer a few discrete questions compared to the number of passage based, whereas a large number of discretes you have access to in TPRH and EK1001 will ensure you have more of your bases covered as far as content goes. This is just coming from me, and my biggest problem right now is being blindsided by questions requiring knowledge that I do not have. Of course, the assessments are still very helpful, so yes using them in conjunction would definitely be best.

I am planning to take the MCAT next year (I am a nontraditional student, and work full time). Any suggestions on how many months I should take to study? I am thinking 5, but I am not sure yet. I also want to leave some room so I can take the test again next year if I need to. I have zero biochem background, so I am trying to get this done in 2014 if possible.