• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

USMLE CD of 150 questions-too easy?

stickybop

15+ Year Member
May 31, 2002
philadelphia
Hi,
How does the USMLE CD of 150 practice questions compare to the real thing?
I'm only one day away from taking my step 1 and I just finished the 150 questions and they are so much easier and shorter than Qbank questions.
For those of you who have completed both the real test and the 150 practice questions-how do they compare?

Thanks

Tonsils

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2002
I'd say that the USMLE Practice questions were similar to the actual exam. Qbank can be picky at times, so that might be why you think it is easier. But if you score >65% on USMLE practice CD, you should be fine. If you score >70%, you will do great. When you get done with that CD, you want to dissect out all the questions because some of the qs on the actual exam are the same -- just worded differently. The topics presented in the CD are all relevant.

Focus on the pharm questions, i.e., drug X and drug Y etc. They love those kind of questions. And of course, the behavioral science....what do you say type of questions (just get BRS behavioral science -- there is a nice chart on what to do about that kind of question).

Just relax, and even if you think you are blanking out, you will be amazed how much you know and remember. Best of luck.

--------------
And for anatomy, I thought using the Clinical Vignette series was the best thing I did. Just read those ~100 cases and take notes on the concepts presented. That's all you need. No High Yield or the worthless and detailed BRS anatomy.

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.