USMLE CS_ Expired ID

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mspushups

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody try to take this with an expired licensce? I realized my driver's lic. was not in my wallet while on the plane tonight... exam is tomorrow at 8, so too late to do anything about it. I do have my expired driver's license from last year. Think they'll let me take it? Otherwise, this whole debacle will cost even more money, time, and energy, suck worse, and be just as useless.

Members don't see this ad.

You should go try it anyway, but know that they can be real sticklers (as if by expiring your license is no longer a valid indication of who you are). Be very nice, and show other things that have your name and photo on it if possible (I left my license in the car for my CS, but I had my military ID, student ID, and something else with my photo on it (costco card if I am remembering correctly) and they let it slide. Good Luck.

PS. How did you get on the plane? Maybe you put your license in a pocket.

Airline did not notice/question the expired ID. Thanks for the advice, I will bring everything I have with my name on it. (I did think to bring my student ID.) Wish me luck.

Took the test today... brought my expired license, handed it to them when they asked, avoided eye contact, and didn't say a word. They did not notice!!! so, yay. over and done with (presumably).

Members don't see this ad :)
Took the test today... brought my expired license, handed it to them when they asked, avoided eye contact, and didn't say a word. They did not notice!!! so, yay. over and done with (presumably).

First, when I took step 1 one lady had expired ID and she was crying and they would NOT let her take exam!!

#2) you got lucky, From my experience if a human being is involved a mistake COULD be made.

#3) Military ID not neccasarily student I.D. has to get over! (someone could get shoot over that)

#4) When I go to exam I bring two forms of I.D. usually passprt and Drivers license. figuring that license only comes out in extremely unique situations.

5)911 changed the tone!! if they ever notice an expired ID you can bow, courtsy, start shuffling papers or be polite but that is like just plain bad luck.

Well, expired military ID doesn't necessarily instill much confidence (although again, are you really someone different just because the thing expired). I think they let me slide because I was all set to run back to the car to get my nonexpired license. Just depends on who you get.