usmle for transferring?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dknykid1980

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all

I know you are all busy but really quickly. I were to go to ROss (out in the carib) and then try to transfer into the states (prolly finch or MCP) or wherever, do they even consider your MCAT scores? Or....are y our USMLE and med school grades more important?

thanks.

peace

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't go to Ross thinking that you will transfer. There are only a few spots in the U.S. each year for transfer students. The board scores at Ross are very very high. This past semester there were scores of 261, 260, 255, 250, and 246. This is just in the past three months of only people that i know. Most of the Ross students have mcat scores in the high twenties. The majority of them have their Master's degree also. It is very possible to transfer out of a caribbean school but you have realize that the competition will be higher than getting into a U.S. med school in the first place. This is only mentioning Ross. I know that SGU has a great program also so you would also be competing with their top students trying to transfer out too. But don't worry because i can assure you that you will get a great education at Ross. Much better than the schools that you are wanting to transfer too. I hope this helps.