USMLE I TIMING AND MYSELF ...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

SYD

Kimberly Cox / Annette

I need your opinion again ...

Rebember I said before, I was thinking of Aug 6th or 13th.

I am thinking of bringing it even a bit forward to 30th of JUNE, expecting this will open up my chances of doing CSA on time, and appearing for the interviews

Because I feel crossing the red tapes is more
important than just getting a score for eg >90 instead of probably 85 and have CSA with me.

What do you think ??

A bit too brave :wink:

Members don't see this ad.

I think the 30th of June is fine IF YOU ARE READY to take Step 1. If not, postpone it.

As I noted in the other thread, I believe you will still get a CSA date if you take Step 1 in early August. However, it is true there are some programs who will not interview you without all exams taken. IMHO, however, this was not common - I think you are better served by doing well on Step 1 and having all your scores in except the CSA (which you will have scheduled and possibly even taken) by interview time, rather than take Step 1 before you are ready and possibly sacrifice your score.

Kimberly

what do you mean by "IMHO ".

You know what One day I feel like " yea, I think I will do it.." and the very next day I feel so unprepared, So I dunno which part of me is real.

Members don't see this ad :)
Kimberly

One more question for the day.

Do you feel Kaplan notes are better than BRS series for physio/ pharm/path/BS.

I personally like BRS cf Kaplan.

What do you think ?? :wink:

SYD...

IMHO = In my humble/honest opinion

I am not familiar with Kaplan materials much so cannot comment on their usefulness. I found that the "A" rated materials in the back of First Aid for the Boards pretty useful. There really isn't one series of books which is best for all fields.

Remember that you will NEVER really feel ready for the USMLE. You will always feel like you don't know enough. You simply need to decide on a date, study and if you honestly feel you aren't ready - reschedule, but a certain amount of uncertainty and lack of confidence is completely normal, IMHO.