• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

jimjones

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2001
Status (Visible)
Does anyone know on average the USMLE pass rates at the DO schools. Does anyone know which school(s) have the highest pass rate?

OldManDave

Fossil Bouncer Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Feb 26, 1999
Lafayette, IN
www.oldpremeds.org
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I can't quote you specifics, but i do know that the V.P. of the NBME came and spoke to my class at KCOM regarding KCOM students' performance on the USMLE. According to Dr. what-ever-his-name-was, our pass rate was statistically indifferentiable from the pass rate of MD candidates AND our mean scores were significantly higher than the mean of MD-student test takers.

The reason he was there was to ascertain what KCOM was doing that worked so well. Of course, it apparently had not occured to the NBME folks that at the time he spoke to my class, we had yet to take any board exam.

Anyhow, KCOM has scored the highest, at least for the last 5 years, on the USMLE for all DO schools. We also are consistently among the top 2 or 3 in COMLEX performance, both in pass rate and overall scores, for greater than the last decade...according to our Deans.

Does this provide the info you were seeking?

:D

About the Ads

tanneric

Dec 14, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
I can't quote you specifics, but i do know that the V.P. of the NBME came and spoke to my class at KCOM regarding KCOM students' performance on the USMLE. According to Dr. what-ever-his-name-was, our pass rate was statistically indifferentiable from the pass rate of MD candidates AND our mean scores were significantly higher than the mean of MD-student test takers.

The reason he was there was to ascertain what KCOM was doing that worked so well. Of course, it apparently had not occured to the NBME folks that at the time he spoke to my class, we had yet to take any board exam.

Anyhow, KCOM has scored the highest, at least for the last 5 years, on the USMLE for all DO schools. We also are consistently among the top 2 or 3 in COMLEX performance, both in pass rate and overall scores, for greater than the last decade...according to our Deans.

Does this provide the info you were seeking?:thumbup:

:D

I wish I could like this last comment....

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.