USMLE pass rates at DO schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jimjones

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know on average the USMLE pass rates at the DO schools. Does anyone know which school(s) have the highest pass rate?

Members don't see this ad.

I can't quote you specifics, but i do know that the V.P. of the NBME came and spoke to my class at KCOM regarding KCOM students' performance on the USMLE. According to Dr. what-ever-his-name-was, our pass rate was statistically indifferentiable from the pass rate of MD candidates AND our mean scores were significantly higher than the mean of MD-student test takers.

The reason he was there was to ascertain what KCOM was doing that worked so well. Of course, it apparently had not occured to the NBME folks that at the time he spoke to my class, we had yet to take any board exam.

Anyhow, KCOM has scored the highest, at least for the last 5 years, on the USMLE for all DO schools. We also are consistently among the top 2 or 3 in COMLEX performance, both in pass rate and overall scores, for greater than the last decade...according to our Deans.

Does this provide the info you were seeking?

:D

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't quote you specifics, but i do know that the V.P. of the NBME came and spoke to my class at KCOM regarding KCOM students' performance on the USMLE. According to Dr. what-ever-his-name-was, our pass rate was statistically indifferentiable from the pass rate of MD candidates AND our mean scores were significantly higher than the mean of MD-student test takers.

The reason he was there was to ascertain what KCOM was doing that worked so well. Of course, it apparently had not occured to the NBME folks that at the time he spoke to my class, we had yet to take any board exam.

Anyhow, KCOM has scored the highest, at least for the last 5 years, on the USMLE for all DO schools. We also are consistently among the top 2 or 3 in COMLEX performance, both in pass rate and overall scores, for greater than the last decade...according to our Deans.

Does this provide the info you were seeking?:thumbup:

:D

I wish I could like this last comment....