DOMb

10+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2006
Status
Medical Student
I am consistently getting around 42% on USMLErx and I was just wondering if anyone has used rx, and knows where that puts me as to passing the usmle. I am taking this beast of a test in june and wanted a gauge of where i stood. I am currently using FA, RR path, USMLErx and will do USMLEworld starting feb. Thanks!! any input would be great.

Redrox

10+ Year Member
Oct 28, 2008
Status
Are you taking the test by subject or by random blocks?

--If you are taking them by random, then of course you'll be getting low results on material that you have not studied.

--If you are getting that low on subjects that you have already covered, well, you have a problem.

I hate to sound like an ass but the USMLERX questions really are not bad, I'm nothing special of a student and have been getting 80's on section based. Remember that December is not June and at this point you should be learning from your resourses and not judging yourself by them.
I would suggest that this is a sign that you should really be putting in more time with your classwork and the relevant sections of FA, maybe consider getting the FlashFacts program to truly master the material.

doc20

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2007
Cleveland
Status
Attending Physician
I would suggest doing a major review of all the 3 main P - physio, path, and pharm for 1 week and then hitting hard the questions and see how you fair

About the Ads

Dr.B-Almostme

10+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2006
Sacramento
www.myspace.com
Status
Medical Student
OK how many qbanks do we really need to buy & how do they "work"?

I know UWorld is a must, but someone was telling me something about once we see the questions they are gone, "so don't waste them." I don't really get it, someone, more than one person please help.

Also, my school offers ExamMaster Online for free, any one have experience w this one? Any other free qbanks worth the time?

Thanks in advance for any & all advice.

laxman310

TheManWithAPlan
10+ Year Member
Nov 12, 2007
Status
Attending Physician
It's all about strategically using the questions. I think a perfect "waste" of questions would be if you attempted them without reviewing the relevant subject matter first... b/c you're just guessing and not really assessing your knowledge. Saving them all for the end is not a good idea b/c I hear a lot of people who tried this method said they wished they had started using it earlier along with their review.

I did half of UW system wise after reviewing each system. The other half random after I reviewed everything. Doing them throughout your review is the best way in my opinion b/c the explanations are excellent. Chart your progress with NBME's, not UWorld.
:thumbup:

Definitely a good strategy for getting through the questions systematically.

Mortal_Lessons

H.Perowne
10+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2006
New England
Status
Resident [Any Field]
This is a great thread-I was wondering how to use all the many Qbank questions for which I have a 9-month subscription. I was wondering if I could get some opinions on the strategy of doing them system-based with the subjects we're covering in class.

About the Ads