USMLE Qbank questions?

Discussion in 'Step I' started by DOMb, Jan 1, 2009.

1. DOMb

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I am consistently getting around 42% on USMLErx and I was just wondering if anyone has used rx, and knows where that puts me as to passing the usmle. I am taking this beast of a test in june and wanted a gauge of where i stood. I am currently using FA, RR path, USMLErx and will do USMLEworld starting feb. Thanks!! any input would be great.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Redrox

10+ Year Member

Are you taking the test by subject or by random blocks?

--If you are taking them by random, then of course you'll be getting low results on material that you have not studied.

--If you are getting that low on subjects that you have already covered, well, you have a problem.

I hate to sound like an ass but the USMLERX questions really are not bad, I'm nothing special of a student and have been getting 80's on section based. Remember that December is not June and at this point you should be learning from your resourses and not judging yourself by them.
    I would suggest that this is a sign that you should really be putting in more time with your classwork and the relevant sections of FA, maybe consider getting the FlashFacts program to truly master the material.

3. doc20

5+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I would suggest doing a major review of all the 3 main P - physio, path, and pharm for 1 week and then hitting hard the questions and see how you fair

4. Dr.B-Almostme

Dr.B-Almostme New Member

Medical Student
    OK how many qbanks do we really need to buy & how do they "work"?

I know UWorld is a must, but someone was telling me something about once we see the questions they are gone, "so don't waste them." I don't really get it, someone, more than one person please help.

Also, my school offers ExamMaster Online for free, any one have experience w this one? Any other free qbanks worth the time?

Thanks in advance for any & all advice.

5. ZonaRidicularis

2+ Year Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #5 ZonaRidicularis, Jan 3, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  6. laxman310

laxman310 TheManWithAPlan
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    :thumbup:

Definitely a good strategy for getting through the questions systematically.

7. Mortal_Lessons

Mortal_Lessons H.Perowne
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    This is a great thread-I was wondering how to use all the many Qbank questions for which I have a 9-month subscription. I was wondering if I could get some opinions on the strategy of doing them system-based with the subjects we're covering in class.