USMLE RX Performance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DiverDoc

KCUMB 2012
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I started doing like 15 questions/day over Christmas break. We recently have had nearly 3 weeks off for clinical skills ect. So Ive been board studying pretty hard doing anywhere from 30- full 48 Q blocks/day + 8 hrs of books. My performance over the last month when studying has been more intense has been consistent in the range of 68- 75. Considering my lower Christmas time scores my avg. is 69. My score predictor which was seemingly foobarred for awhile but came back and calculated me at 225 range + - 20 for the 95 % CI. Took a block this morning and scored 69%. Score prediction 208. I havent had reproductive yet, so I skip those questions. But now I have no clue as to how I am doing. Test date June 18th

Members don't see this ad.

You're certainly doing a lot better than I am. Before tanking 2 48-question renal blocks, I was averaging 63%. Now, I think I'm at 58 or 59. However, I'm still in class and can't totally dedicate my efforts to board review, even though I'm trying to. I also just started doing this review strategy a couple weeks ago. In any event, I imagine that hitting in the mid 70's is excellent, particularly for this far from your test. I'm taking it June 21, for what it's worth.

I started doing like 15 questions/day over Christmas break. We recently have had nearly 3 weeks off for clinical skills ect. So Ive been board studying pretty hard doing anywhere from 30- full 48 Q blocks/day + 8 hrs of books. My performance over the last month when studying has been more intense has been consistent in the range of 68- 75. Considering my lower Christmas time scores my avg. is 69. My score predictor which was seemingly foobarred for awhile but came back and calculated me at 225 range + - 20 for the 95 % CI. Took a block this morning and scored 69%. Score prediction 208. I havent had reproductive yet, so I skip those questions. But now I have no clue as to how I am doing. Test date June 18th

I don't mean to hijacking your thread here...but I can't help but ask if you also subscribed to QBank, and if so, could give me a quick one liner about QBank vs. USMLERx? I have QBank but USMLERx. Some of the QBank questions are extremely irritating because they're so specific and they make me feel pretty stupid in the process. I have thought of subscribing to USMLERx and tossing out QBank...

You're certainly doing a lot better than I am. Before tanking 2 48-question renal blocks, I was averaging 63%. Now, I think I'm at 58 or 59. However, I'm still in class and can't totally dedicate my efforts to board review, even though I'm trying to. I also just started doing this review strategy a couple weeks ago. In any event, I imagine that hitting in the mid 70's is excellent, particularly for this far from your test. I'm taking it June 21, for what it's worth.

Looks like I'm the low-ball in this group. I'm at 52% but I attribute that to my awful pharm scores since we're only half done with our pharm course. I'm taking it June 21st as well - looks like we'll be USMLE Twins.

About USMLERx vs Kaplan: I have both (got the Kaplan for free during test prep week - who woulda thought they actually give out free subscriptions?!?!) and I have completed 850 Rx and 40 Kaplan (just got my script) so my "n" isn't the largest, but I was given some good advice by people on this forum to use kaplan and usmlerx as a basic facts/knowledge/stamina tool and use usmleworld during my board prep as a thinking/concepts tool.

I don't know if that's entirely clear, but I'm using rx/kaplan until my 5 weeks of dedicated time to just make sure I'm used to answering questions, getting through FA, etc. Yeah, kaplan might be nit picky and usmlerx may not have the best written questions... so, I don't know if one is better than the other, but I think doing both is better than just doing one - especially if you can get through a high volume of questions.

As a side note, I've only done 40 kaplan questions, but I really like the few physio questions that I have done.