USMLE Rx "Till You Pass"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ulikedaggers

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So the T&C says that if you don't take your exam within 12 months of starting your subscription, then you can renew the subscription for another 12 months at no additional cost. This almost seems too good to be true... unless I'm missing something in the fine print?

I'm an MS1. If I purchase it now, it will expire during winter of MS2; and clearly I won't have taken Step 1 by then. So could I just extend my subscription another 12 months and essentially have access to it for the price of only 1 year?

Members don't see this ad.

This isnt the answer you are looking for, but it would be pretty dumb to do that. Board prep materials are meant for review. You can't review what you haven't learned yet. Wait until you have finished M1 and the front half of M2 before you start to review it.

This isnt the answer you are looking for, but it would be pretty dumb to do that. Board prep materials are meant for review. You can't review what you haven't learned yet. Wait until you have finished M1 and the front half of M2 before you start to review it.

Well, it's $99 right now and I don't know if it will ever be $99 again.. and unless it ends up going under $99 at some point, it can't hurt to buy it now since I have 24 months (if that's how the "till you pass" works)

Members don't see this ad :)
So the T&C says that if you don't take your exam within 12 months of starting your subscription, then you can renew the subscription for another 12 months at no additional cost. This almost seems too good to be true... unless I'm missing something in the fine print?

I'm an MS1. If I purchase it now, it will expire during winter of MS2; and clearly I won't have taken Step 1 by then. So could I just extend my subscription another 12 months and essentially have access to it for the price of only 1 year?
Dont waste your money on Rx. Uworld is 100x better

sounds like you want to do it. go for it.

I just want to be sure that there's nothing tricky about the till you pass program.. I don't want to buy it now and end up having to pay for it again next year.

Dont waste your money on Rx. Uworld is 100x better

Uworld is a wrench, Rx is a sandwich. They are two completely different tools and you can't use them interchangeably.

Reactions: 1 users
you can always call the program. easiest way to verify.
gut feeling is that your misinterpreting what they are saying.

Unfortunately there's no phone number on the contact page.. just email.

Till You Pass Subscription (Qmax and Express): The initial Till You Pass subscription is a twelve (12) month subscription. If you have not taken your corresponding USMLE before your USMLE-Rx product subscription expires, or within 5 (five) days of that expiration, then we will extend your subscription for up to 12 months. To be eligible, you must (1) contact us at [email protected] within 5 days of your subscription expiration date, (2) have an active, paid subscription of that product and (3) provide us a copy of the NBME scheduling permit for the exam. You may choose to take this extension in the form of an extension to your existing subscription (thus you will maintain your test histories), or as a new subscription. Limit one extension per paid subscription.

i looked into it for u..... email them either 5 days before or 5 days after subscription expiration with proof of your NBME scheduling permit and they will extend your subscription.

Reactions: 1 user
Till You Pass Subscription (Qmax and Express): The initial Till You Pass subscription is a twelve (12) month subscription. If you have not taken your corresponding USMLE before your USMLE-Rx product subscription expires, or within 5 (five) days of that expiration, then we will extend your subscription for up to 12 months. To be eligible, you must (1) contact us at [email protected] within 5 days of your subscription expiration date, (2) have an active, paid subscription of that product and (3) provide us a copy of the NBME scheduling permit for the exam. You may choose to take this extension in the form of an extension to your existing subscription (thus you will maintain your test histories), or as a new subscription. Limit one extension per paid subscription.

i looked into it for u..... email them either 5 days before or 5 days after subscription expiration with proof of your NBME scheduling permit and they will extend your subscription.

Yeah that's the same thing I read. It just doesn't say that there isn't a fee for extending the subscription so I wasn't sure if people had done this before and then gotten hit with a fee.

I bought it recently during black friday weekend and it seems like the same deal showed up in the last few days. I think it'll show up again but you shouldn't hold me to that. Like someone else said, it's better to wait into second year to use it

I emailed them when I bought it and they said exactly what he said above. They'll need proof that you haven't taken it yet - but are about to. and they'll extend it.

Only a few hours left!

Step 1 Q max TYP - 149

PCSOMQMAX1

Expires tonight (8/11) at 11:59 EST