USMLE Rx

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jayhvvip

Medical Student
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have 37 days left on a free subscription to USMLE Rx (Qmax and Express) and am deciding on what to do for the next 3 months until test day. I don't care much for the express but am unsure about Qmax. I am only about 25% through the questions but am doing 46-92 a day. What I started doing is going over the wrong or guessed answers, annotating the "bottom line" fact into the appropriate section in FA, then using Firecracker for going over the material and review. I have been using FC since beginning of MS1, and recently restarted the account to refocus on drugs, micro, and biochemistry.

I am debating on whether to put much effort to completing all of the Qmax questions by the end of the month then switching to Uworld, or just abandoning Qmax now and getting Uworld sooner. I like the bottom line facts provided in Qmax answers, but I am unsure of the usefulness/quality of the questions/explanations.

Anyone have experience they would like to share in their usage of Qmax? I am shifting my studying focus to practice exams and question banks. I have never been much of a fan of FA, and have been using pathoma, FC, and picmonic (with an occasional glance at Robbins) as my primary resources.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

So no input? Must not be many Qmax users out there. I'm starting Uworld here in a couple weeks

I love Qmax. Aside from some errors I spot every now and then.

It's incredibly helpful, people are just **** talkers. And more to than end, they are scared little bunnies that run to Uworld at the first sign of stress, even when they aren't ready to do it, and they are the ones you hear crying they are getting 50% correct "always feel like they are guessing".

You can't beat 2700 questions based/derived from First Aid.

It's been so useful I've put off doing uworld now only to my 6 weeks dedicated study, because I know what I can do, and know I can get through 2 passes in that time.

If you have time, DO IT. Enough time = time OVER the amount of time it will take you to get 2 passes through Uworld.

Reactions: 3 users
While we are on the subject does any one have any usmlerx qmax coupon? :p

Happy stepping. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Do it. I like it, and even though there does seem to be a lot of mixed reviews here, I definitely have learned a lot from my experience with Rx.

Reactions: 2 users
Do it. I like it, and even though there does seem to be a lot of mixed reviews here, I definitely have learned a lot from my experience with Rx.

I like most of the questions in Rx, but there are some really badly written ones that make you shake your head.

Reactions: 1 user