USMLE Step 1 Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Snoopy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Now that all the pre-meds are starting to get their MCAT scores I am wondering how long it will take to get scores from Step 1. For those of you who have taken it, particularly this year, how long did it take for your scores to arrive? NBME said 6 weeks at the end of the exam, but I have heard it is closer to 3-4 weeks. I took mine last Thursday, and I can't remember a time when I have felt so free. :) :) :)

Congrats to everyone who is over the Step 1 hump and good luck to those who have yet to take it. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by Snoopy:
•Now that all the pre-meds are starting to get their MCAT scores I am wondering how long it will take to get scores from Step 1. For those of you who have taken it, particularly this year, how long did it take for your scores to arrive? NBME said 6 weeks at the end of the exam, but I have heard it is closer to 3-4 weeks. I took mine last Thursday, and I can't remember a time when I have felt so free. :) :) :)

Congrats to everyone who is over the Step 1 hump and good luck to those who have yet to take it. :)

As I recall it took about 3 1/2 weeks for me to get mine. Someone once told me they were mailed on Wednesdays; not sure if its true.

Good luck!

mailbox3.gif

According to the USMLE web site, it may take longer than the usual 3-6 weeks due to the large number of people who take the test in June. They say they're shooting for Wednesday, July 18th as the day they'll send out scores for most people who took the test in June...but then they say it may be less. So basically, who knows?

Guys what are you complaining about? It took them eight and more weeks in paper and pencil era!
GOOD LUCK!