BOTH USMLE Step 1 study material

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mutzpal

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an Indian IMG currently in my third year MBBS .Iam planning to prepare for USMLE STEP 1...I am totally confused on which study material to follow ..books videos and qbanks by becker or kaplan or different books for each subject. Pls help me out

Members don't see this ad.

The general resources include:
First Aid (tells you what you need to know for the STEP, but doesn't explain it) and Pathoma (explains pathology)
Uworld as a question bank.
Depending on knowledge base you may need to supplement with other resources. There are resources that try to cover every subject (DIT, Kaplan, etc), but I don't find them that helpful. I am making a full video course on Youtube (free), so message me if you'd like to check that out.

Most people use UWorld FA and pathoma for prep some also use Goljan instead of pathoma. And add in Fischer's 100 cases pretty quick and good source for ethics.

As stated above, try to see if your base is good or bad then work from there.

All in all the best and Golden source is well Uworld. Treat Uworld as a tool to learn and not an assessment, you have NBME for assessment.

Goodluck!