USMLE Step 2CS Hotels - Philadelphia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Roz

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any good hotels near the CS test center in Philly? Just curious to hear your experiences!

Roz

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know of any good hotels near the CS test center in Philly? Just curious to hear your experiences!

Roz

The testing center is closest to the University of Pennsylvania. So any hotels that Penn, or Penn Med, recommend on their websites will be close.

It is also very easily accessible by public transportation. You could stay at a hotel in Center City, and take the Market Street - Frankford line (the "blue line") west, and get there as well.

If you need specific names of hotels, let me know.

Roz

I stayed at the Sheraton and it was very conveniently located. If you go there, make sure you mention you're taking the CS since there's a special rate for test takers. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I stayed at the Sheraton and it was very conveniently located. If you go there, make sure you mention you're taking the CS since there's a special rate for test takers. Good luck!

How much is the special rate ???

So I was looking for step 2 CS hotel rooms in Philly and found that priceline.com has a great catchment area for their "name your own price" feature. It's #8 (University area), and any hotel in that area would be walking distance to the testing center.

I chose 2.5 stars (holiday inn quality) and bid $110 (around 60% off the published rates), and was happily surprised to get a 3.5 star room at the Sheraton University Hotel for $110 per night, for this upcoming Tuesday!

USE PRICELINE!!! It's the ****.

-Rob
NYU SoM 2012

So I was looking for step 2 CS hotel rooms in Philly and found that priceline.com has a great catchment area for their "name your own price" feature. It's #8 (University area), and any hotel in that area would be walking distance to the testing center.

I chose 2.5 stars (holiday inn quality) and bid $110 (around 60% off the published rates), and was happily surprised to get a 3.5 star room at the Sheraton University Hotel for $110 per night, for this upcoming Tuesday!

USE PRICELINE!!! It's the ****.

-Rob
NYU SoM 2012

Not bad. We stayed at the Sheraton Downtown for $65. In the words of the immortal Shatner--GO LOOOOWER.

Roz

The housing options were very limited when I took the exam back in Oct 2004 but now many IMG and US graduates are staying with airbnb hosts. The price generally runs between $40 to $60 a night which is much cheaper for what I paid to stay at Sheraton on Chestnut. I did a quick search and it seems there are two host that are very familiar with medical graduates taking CS. Their names are L&S and Vanessa I believe.

Stay at the Sheraton. If they upgrade you, you can get access to their lounge which serves free breakfest and has free sodas/water and appetizers at 5pm. Parking is $25 for day. Also the testing center is a block and half walk away.

I stayed in hotel near the airport. Those were the cheapest. It cost me $80 for the night. everything else was 100's or more.

it's a rip off...i tell you, all the hotels there are too expensive. You can get a cheaper rate with coupons too...if you plan ahead for the hotels near airport. I stayed in Motel 6...I think. or super 8

Stay at the Sheraton. If they upgrade you, you can get access to their lounge which serves free breakfest and has free sodas/water and appetizers at 5pm. Parking is $25 for day. Also the testing center is a block and half walk away.

To add to this, the "day" of parking lasts until 6pm on the day you check out. So I checked out in the morning and headed to my exam, my car stayed in the hotel garage until I was done. The upgrade was clutch, slept really well the night before and room service was great for dinner. I'm sure there were cheaper options but I had peace of mind that I would get to the test on time and didn't have to worry about parking my car or driving through Philly in the morning.

Roz

Roz

Have you heard of Medenstay Philadelphia ? It is an Airbnb tailored specifically for Step2CS. The host name is Vanessa. Just Google Medenstay Philadelphia