USMLE Step I vs. MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
B

Bama

For those of you that have taken Step I and received your scores, how did they compare to your MCAT score? Did anyone score in the mid-20's on the MCAT and do well on Step I?

Members don't see this ad.

36 on MCAT, 230 on the boards. I think that your grades during 2nd yr are much more predictive of your performance on the boards then your MCAT score.

29 MCAT 247/99 Step I

I agree that 2nd year grades (and 1st year too to some extent) is much more relevant to your performance

Members don't see this ad :)
MCAT 39 (11/14/14)
Step I (Mid 240s)

Just got my step I score today! I'm happy...

By the way, my grades were only average for 2nd year classes. I just did a bunch of QBank, BSS, and NMS questions.

Originally posted by Bama
For those of you that have taken Step I and received your scores, how did they compare to your MCAT score? Did anyone score in the mid-20's on the MCAT and do well on Step I?

26 MCAT
233 USMLE Step I

It had been 6 years since any of my chem or bio classes when I took the mcat. I took it only once.

--Derek

6, 12, 10 in mcat

246 in step 1

1st year med: 2 pass/all else honors
2nd year med: half pass/half honors

35 on MCATs
237 on Step1

First year 2 B+'s all else A's
Second year 1 B+ all else A's

Second year class performance is the most relevant, but from what I understand there are some schools out there grade-inflate (ie. many students fail boards despite high % people get honors)

MCAT 34 (10,11,13)

step 1 score 245/99

above average 1st year grades
average 2nd year except pharm-honors.

MCAT 32 (11,11,10)

Step 1 236/95

MSI - Top 1/4 of class
MSII - Got a life, fell off the curve, High Middle 1/2 of class :)

258...hahahaha....i beat you all and i never did take the mcat...but i agree with everyone...i aced my classes and well i think that correlates with my score :D

Originally posted by ligado
258...hahahaha....i beat you all and i never did take the mcat...but i agree with everyone...i aced my classes and well i think that correlates with my score :D

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by ligado

More like :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: