usmle step1

Discussion in 'Step I' started by MS5045, Oct 25, 2002.

1. MS5045

MS5045 New Member

I am an IMG. Could anyone tell me how to prepare step 1? what kinds of books are necessary? I am planning to spend 6 months for step1. Thanks.

2. Stockholm

Stockholm Junior Member

Hi,

You probably already know this, but the first thing you should do is to get "First Aid for the USMLE Step 1". Use this book as a mentor -- Don't rely solely on the information in the book as you'll probably find it impossible to remember all of it that way. "First Aid" also contains a information on what other review books to get and vast information on the test itself. It's a must, really.

I'm also an IMG and just recieved my Step 1 scores yesterday. Apparently some 60% of us international medical students pass on the first try (compared to approx 95% of the American students), and I'm glad I was one of them!

3. MS5045

MS5045 New Member

Hi, Thanks.

4. BellKicker

BellKicker Twisted Miler
    7+ Year Member

Yeah, First Aid is a good start. Also, search this forum, especially in May/June when everyone was discussing tactics. And do questions questions questions if you're that sort of person.

STOCKHOLM, are you telling me that you - a fellow Scandinavian - are state bound? I'M NOT ALONE! I sent you a PM. I just gotta know your plans. Congrats on the test, by the way.

Later.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...