usmle step1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MS5045

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an IMG. Could anyone tell me how to prepare step 1? what kinds of books are necessary? I am planning to spend 6 months for step1. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

You probably already know this, but the first thing you should do is to get "First Aid for the USMLE Step 1". Use this book as a mentor -- Don't rely solely on the information in the book as you'll probably find it impossible to remember all of it that way. "First Aid" also contains a information on what other review books to get and vast information on the test itself. It's a must, really.

I'm also an IMG and just recieved my Step 1 scores yesterday. Apparently some 60% of us international medical students pass on the first try (compared to approx 95% of the American students), and I'm glad I was one of them!

Yeah, First Aid is a good start. Also, search this forum, especially in May/June when everyone was discussing tactics. And do questions questions questions if you're that sort of person.

STOCKHOLM, are you telling me that you - a fellow Scandinavian - are state bound? I'M NOT ALONE! I sent you a PM. I just gotta know your plans. Congrats on the test, by the way.

Later.