USMLE testing site in southern California

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nido

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I have to travel some distance to testing site either at Anaheim or Irivne. If anyone had bad experience with these two test site, please let me know.
many thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Exactly how bad the commute will be depends on a few things like how far you're going, in what direction, and the freeways you plan on taking. Your location says San Diego, so if you're coming from there to Orange County the 5 could test your nerves on a weekday morning. Definitely do a trial run a few days before the test or even look into spending the night before at a hotel/motel near the test center.

i know i'm bringing up a really old thread but didnt want to post a new one. i was wondering if anyone can offer any insights on how any of the irvine/la testing sites are? any problems with the computers? i'm an out of stater but would like to consider studying/taking the exam closer to home. thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
I took my Step 1 exam at the Anaheim Hills location. It was wonderful, and the staff were great. The only problem (and it's a minor one) was that the men's bathrooms were only one person at a time, and were located just outside the testing center offices. They were in the foyer of the office building that the Prometric Center is within. Other than that, it was a great site. I would definitely take any of the steps there. Hope this helps.

^thanks mehrdad but that site is currently full :(

there's GOTTA be more LA or OC test takers out there!! pretty please??