USMLE world 2x or world + kaplan qbank

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jccripe

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Assuming that you should get through as many questions as possible, is it better to do 1-program twice or both only once? (goals not totally realistic I know so dont stress).

Members don't see this ad.

"bump bump" dude you posted the exact same question in the other thread on Taus method. WTF. I am also using the Taus method with a little tweek here and there.

Members don't see this ad :)
"bump bump" dude you posted the exact same question in the other thread on Taus method. WTF. I am also using the Taus method with a little tweek here and there.

Haha, yeah I guess on the other post I was just asking Taus directly, since he seems to be pretty active on that thread. But I bumped your thread because I'm interested in what other SDNers have to say too.

Do you know what Taus got on the board, i am assuming pretty high, this is a good schedule

since you haven't gotten a real response from anyone, do UW twice. kaplan is garbage.

since you haven't gotten a real response from anyone, do UW twice. kaplan is garbage.

really? I was thinking of doing one run through of kaplan, followed w/ one run through of UW. Should I just start off with UW then?

Yeah, I've been doing UW all along, but just bought the (paper) Kaplan QBook <http://www.amazon.com/Kaplan-Medica...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1236515041&sr=1-1> as suggested by the Taus Plan, but I'm surprised how straight-forward it is! I just scored a 76% on a 50-block pharmacology section. (On UW I average around 55 percent on pharm questions!)

Is the Kaplan QBank anything like the Kaplan QBook?

(If it is, it may be good at testing discrete knowledge [i.e., questions where you either know it or you don't] but not the integrative, challenging questions of Step 1.)