1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

usmle world incomplete?

Discussion in 'Kaplan Medical USMLE Forum (Sponsored)' started by PrussianBlue1, May 12, 2008.

1. PrussianBlue1

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    hey guys i have noticed some explanations on uw incomplete to the point that it might cause some people to get a couple answers wrong. Im just wondering if you guys have had the same feeling? I hope it is just me since a lot of people here regard it as a quite authoritative source.

Anyways Im just confused with Sensorineural hearing loss in which in their explanation they say "that air conduction is better than bone conduction".

I got the question right since that fact was not part of it, but to my understanding if you have sensorineural hearing loss you have NO CONDUCTION, and that is why you get a Weber that lateralizes to the normal ear (only one with bone conduction) and the Rinne in THAT EAR HAS BETTER AIR THE BONE CONDUCTION which is normal.

Correct me on that guys, but if I am wrong I had a big misconception of the whole process!!! :eek::eek::eek: :laugh:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. lord_jeebus

lord_jeebus 和魂洋才
    Moderator Physician 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Hi,

I'm pretty sure you didn't mean to put this in the Kaplan forum, but I'm not sure which Step you are studying for. Let me know and we can put this thread in a better place.