USMLE World Scores and Step II Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lmh14

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Probably been discussed before, but can't find a recent thread....

I'm just curious about what scores people were getting on USMLE World, and then how you ended up doing on Step 2.

All you have to do is post two numbers...... :)

Thanks folks, and good luck with everything!!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm so glad that test was done with. I can remember so many questions that I would have otherwise been unsure of if I didn't run through Uworld. That question bank is worth its weight in gold and the explanations are amazing. I think I even had a few questions pretty much word for word. So many curveball questions that I just guessed on but whatever. I feel pretty good and wouldn't have if I didn't study Uworld. I had a 6 month subscription and went through 80% of the questions, used step up in the last few days to review everything once more. I definitely feel better about this than Step 1 but we will have to wait and pray for 3-4 weeks. Good luck everyone and if you develop a strong foundation using a qbank it definitely helps you not only with this exam but on the wards too.

Got mine tomorrow, been studying for the last 10 days like crazy. I've relied heavily on Uworld, I hope it pays back.

Members don't see this ad :)
Took it today. It was about what I expected, with the majority of questions on par or slightly easier than Uworld. I had mostly medicine questions with an abundance of OB/GYN, very little peds. There was really nothing on the test that I didn't see in Uworld at least once, with the exception of some biostats questions. I had 10 days to prepare, but took the last day completely off. My study plan was to go through uworld completely for the second time (first time was during clerkships). I also read through Secrets once. Read Step up or first aid for a few topics I was weak on. I'm shooting for >240, we'll see. I'll post again once I get my scores back.

Yes, definitely. When you're studying for 2ck, Step 1 material comes up all the time, but you can just dismiss it as "oh yeah, I already know that" instead of having to learn it. It also helps to have the Step 1 knowledge before you take Step 2, since understanding the anatomy/pathophysiology/pharmacology/etc will make it a LOT easier to learn the clinical aspects of a particular disease.

Thanks for clarification. The problem is I am in my hectic clinical rotations now and it is not easy to start with step 1 since I forgot most of the basic molecular stuff. Is it wise to start for CK? or even with this, it is still better to start with step 1?
Not only I want to pass, I want to get very high scores.
your input, guys!!

Just finished step II CK about an hour ago. I was surprised about how much material was similar to Step I. Tons of OB/GYN for some reason.... Like two questions on Neuro. The rest was pretty well evenly spread out.

I was scoring 240-255 on practice tests (Uworld SE, NBME) and I felt the questions were pretty similar. I had the same sort of feeling at the end of the real deal as the practice tests.

The extra block on the step II compared to the Step I really does tire you out though...

Just finished step II CK about an hour ago. I was surprised about how much material was similar to Step I. Tons of OB/GYN for some reason.... Like two questions on Neuro. The rest was pretty well evenly spread out.

I was scoring 240-255 on practice tests (Uworld SE, NBME) and I felt the questions were pretty similar. I had the same sort of feeling at the end of the real deal as the practice tests.

The extra block on the step II compared to the Step I really does tire you out though...

Kudoos to you!! Now go have a (non) alcoholic beer :xf::p

Thanks for clarification. The problem is I am in my hectic clinical rotations now and it is not easy to start with step 1 since I forgot most of the basic molecular stuff. Is it wise to start for CK? or even with this, it is still better to start with step 1?
Not only I want to pass, I want to get very high scores.
your input, guys!!

Well, that really depends on you. Remember that Step 1 is the most important of the tests and that it will only get harder as time goes on.

I think it's reasonable to start studying for CK right now, since that'll also help you prepare for your clinical rotations too. But it's probably best to take some time to prepare for Step 1, take that test, and then take CK a bit later.

Step 2 experience

Study

I spent three dedicated weeks studying for the test. I began, however, reading step 2 secrets before the end of my last rotation. I used predominantly uworld, but also spent some time with first aid for step 2, master the boards step 2, pestana for surgery, and goljans lectures for step 1.

For uworld I had done all surgery and psychiatry questions, 1000 of the imed, and 50 each of peds and obgyn throughout the year so I had approximately 800 or so questions remaining. I did all question in timed test mode and took extensive notes on each question on anything I was unfamiliar with from prior study. I first did all but 50 questions of obgyn and pediatrics, then did random of the remaining obgyn, peds, and imed. I began doing the incorrect questions after finishing the qbank, but found this was unproductive because instead of learning to know what is right and then trust my intuition I would have an impression and always second guess myself because I knew my impression had been wrong when I took the questions the first time. So instead I just reviewed the explanations on all questions I got wrong.

First aid I used predominantly for obgyn and pediatrics, which I had had early in the year and had an with which i had an insufficient hospital experience.

Master the boards I found randomly and was really torn between it and first aid. I ended up reading most of it during afternoons when I was tired of questions. The book is formatted in a "this is how they ask the questions.." on each topic, which I found helpful.

Goljan is a stud and his lectures are entertaining. I think what people underestimate is that if you cannot make the diagnosis you cannot answer virtually any question on step 2, and goljan is a good review for most of the diagnoses on the exam and how they present both in labs and in the vignette. I listened to him whenever I was driving anywhere and whenever I worked out or went for a walk to get away from studying.

Pestana I went through again because surgery is all recognition and response. Penetrating wound below the nipple and patient is stable with a negative fast? Ex lap anyways. Things you just need to have reflexively in your mind. Very cookbook.

I ended up with 75% on uworld. I took nbme 4 (262) and 2 (267). 4 was taken at the beginning and 2 at the end of three weeks. I was surprised by how easy they were compared to uworld. I thought about taking uwsa but I was so sick of questions by the end I couldn't handle them. By the end I would read the entire vignette and then realize I didn't remember any of it.

The weekend before I reread secrets and reviewed my uworld notes (I had reviewed them once or twice before).

Test day

First four blocks nonstop, felt good. Took 20 minutes for a light lunch, did another two sections, another 20 minute break, then finished.

Some blocks are tough, and I marked up to 10 on one, with five in a row on the last block. All of my marked questions I knew what was going on, but what to do about it was debatable in my mind, so I had trouble. I missed several extremely stupid questions because I didn't keep it simple and over thought the problem. Some questions were complete left field, such as drugs with adverse effects that I have never heard about and aren't even on Epocrates/medex. Some were just poorly worded and used words that were ambiguous instead of providing imaging, which would have made the question basic.

In terms of approach to blocks I have found that if you have trouble with a question it is best to assume it is an experimental question and that you do not need to worry about it. You must also think like a surgeon during the first pass through questions in each block, "sometimes wrong, never in doubt." this will ensure that you get through the block with time to spare. I also did any drug ad questions last because I tend to scrutinize every portion of them unnecessarily.

As a last bit of advice, make sure you don't check out when you are studying the most difficult topics, like endocrinology, or the topics that just require memorization like pap smear decision trees. You will be asked them and will wish your had forced yourself to focused.

All in all, better experience than step 1 think, but I'm not sure I did any better.

I'll post my score in a few weeks.

Step 2 experience

Study

I spent three dedicated weeks studying for the test. I began, however, reading step 2 secrets before the end of my last rotation. I used predominantly uworld, but also spent some time with first aid for step 2, master the boards step 2, pestana for surgery, and goljans lectures for step 1.

For uworld I had done all surgery and psychiatry questions, 1000 of the imed, and 50 each of peds and obgyn throughout the year so I had approximately 800 or so questions remaining. I did all question in timed test mode and took extensive notes on each question on anything I was unfamiliar with from prior study. I first did all but 50 questions of obgyn and pediatrics, then did random of the remaining obgyn, peds, and imed. I began doing the incorrect questions after finishing the qbank, but found this was unproductive because instead of learning to know what is right and then trust my intuition I would have an impression and always second guess myself because I knew my impression had been wrong when I took the questions the first time. So instead I just reviewed the explanations on all questions I got wrong.

First aid I used predominantly for obgyn and pediatrics, which I had had early in the year and had an with which i had an insufficient hospital experience.

Master the boards I found randomly and was really torn between it and first aid. I ended up reading most of it during afternoons when I was tired of questions. The book is formatted in a "this is how they ask the questions.." on each topic, which I found helpful.

Goljan is a stud and his lectures are entertaining. I think what people underestimate is that if you cannot make the diagnosis you cannot answer virtually any question on step 2, and goljan is a good review for most of the diagnoses on the exam and how they present both in labs and in the vignette. I listened to him whenever I was driving anywhere and whenever I worked out or went for a walk to get away from studying.

Pestana I went through again because surgery is all recognition and response. Penetrating wound below the nipple and patient is stable with a negative fast? Ex lap anyways. Things you just need to have reflexively in your mind. Very cookbook.

I ended up with 75% on uworld. I took nbme 4 (262) and 2 (267). 4 was taken at the beginning and 2 at the end of three weeks. I was surprised by how easy they were compared to uworld. I thought about taking uwsa but I was so sick of questions by the end I couldn't handle them. By the end I would read the entire vignette and then realize I didn't remember any of it.

The weekend before I reread secrets and reviewed my uworld notes (I had reviewed them once or twice before).

Test day

First four blocks nonstop, felt good. Took 20 minutes for a light lunch, did another two sections, another 20 minute break, then finished.

Some blocks are tough, and I marked up to 10 on one, with five in a row on the last block. All of my marked questions I knew what was going on, but what to do about it was debatable in my mind, so I had trouble. I missed several extremely stupid questions because I didn't keep it simple and over thought the problem. Some questions were complete left field, such as drugs with adverse effects that I have never heard about and aren't even on Epocrates/medex. Some were just poorly worded and used words that were ambiguous instead of providing imaging, which would have made the question basic.

In terms of approach to blocks I have found that if you have trouble with a question it is best to assume it is an experimental question and that you do not need to worry about it. You must also think like a surgeon during the first pass through questions in each block, "sometimes wrong, never in doubt." this will ensure that you get through the block with time to spare. I also did any drug ad questions last because I tend to scrutinize every portion of them unnecessarily.

As a last bit of advice, make sure you don't check out when you are studying the most difficult topics, like endocrinology, or the topics that just require memorization like pap smear decision trees. You will be asked them and will wish your had forced yourself to focused.

All in all, better experience than step 1 think, but I'm not sure I did any better.

I'll post my score in a few weeks.

Great experience share--very inspirational.
Just curious...what did you get on Step 1?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! thanks for sharing all your experiences. I'm starting to think of studying and was hoping to get input on my plan:
-Uworld
-MTB step 2
- MTB step 3.... which subjects? I hear ob and peds?

thanks guys! i have 3.5 weeks.

My n=1

Step 1 247/99

NBME percentile
FM - 99
Surg - 93
Psych - 93
OB/gyn - 79
IM - 97
Peds - 94

Did Uworld 1x during year. Did TONS of practice questions (from other books) and reading during MS3. I read and took about 5-10 pages of notes from "Crush Step 2" during my last two weeks of my third year clerkships. Reset UWorld and finished in about 9 days. I was about 88% on my second run (first time I think high 60s). I made a flashcard for every question I missed and answer choice I didn't know. I skimmed pestana and reread the notes I took from step up to med that I made on my IM rotation. I went over my flash cards for a few days then relaxed the last couple days. Also went over FA high yield (the back few pages). Only ever did UW on tutor non timed.

Practice UWSA 2 weeks out - 264 - after reading crush but before dedicated study.
CK - 267

My advice: do UW tons. Do as many practice questions throughout the year as possible. Don't be intellectually lazy - ie don't just passively read your UW explanations or your notes. Step 2 is a different beast. It's about what you learn over the entire year. I doubt I got more than 5 questions right because of my last 2 weeks. Also, do the sets of two questions at the very end of a block. I missed the first one in a pair and it took me several questions to calm down. If you do them last, you can take a break and walk it off.

Reactions: 1 user
For those who have taken the exam, have you guys noticed the questions in UW that have "extremely high yield for USMLE" at the bottom showing up on the real thing frequently?

So how long is it supposed to be to get results back from USMLE? Say you took it on a Tuesday, how many more weeks to go?

So how long is it supposed to be to get results back from USMLE? Say you took it on a Tuesday, how many more weeks to go?

My sheet said around 4 weeks- and don't call them until 8 weeks if you haven't received any notice.

As for test prep- Overloading on questions are the way to go. If you can, I would look up the diagnostic algorithms for common scenarios (ie breast mass, thyroid mass, suspected cushing's syndrome) on uptodate if you have a subscription. I printed out those algorithms for all those "what's the next step questions" and they really helped.

Uworld is best. Kaplan is okay if you have time. I did see two questions on my test that were basically identical to a couple of kaplan questions (coincidence?). Case files for individual specialties- again, only if you have time. After all is said and done, most people don't have enough time to master 3 or 4 resources and are better off sticking to one Qbank or review book and knowing it inside and out.

Been lurking around here on and off during my CK prep.

Took the thing today and holy crap...:scared: I don't know if I want my score back. =/

UWSA (9 days out): 243
NBME 4 (4 days out): 263

I will seriously be completely shocked if I don't drop significantly from Step 1 based on how I felt leaving the exam. Guess I'll update in a few weeks...

Last edited:
My n=1

Step 1 247/99

NBME percentile
FM - 99
Surg - 93
Psych - 93
OB/gyn - 79
IM - 97
Peds - 94

Did Uworld 1x during year. Did TONS of practice questions (from other books) and reading during MS3. I read and took about 5-10 pages of notes from "Crush Step 2" during my last two weeks of my third year clerkships. Reset UWorld and finished in about 9 days. I was about 88% on my second run (first time I think high 60s). I made a flashcard for every question I missed and answer choice I didn't know. I skimmed pestana and reread the notes I took from step up to med that I made on my IM rotation. I went over my flash cards for a few days then relaxed the last couple days. Also went over FA high yield (the back few pages). Only ever did UW on tutor non timed.

Practice UWSA 2 weeks out - 264 - after reading crush but before dedicated study.
CK - 267

My advice: do UW tons. Do as many practice questions throughout the year as possible. Don't be intellectually lazy - ie don't just passively read your UW explanations or your notes. Step 2 is a different beast. It's about what you learn over the entire year. I doubt I got more than 5 questions right because of my last 2 weeks. Also, do the sets of two questions at the very end of a block. I missed the first one in a pair and it took me several questions to calm down. If you do them last, you can take a break and walk it off.

What resources do you recommend for rotations throughout the year, whether it be a question or reading source?

I took the test today.

My prep:
- 1.5 x UWORLD
- Most of SU2S2
- 20 days dedicated study time
- NBME 4 (3 weeks out): 204
- NBME 2 (1 week out): 232

I recognized about 15-20% directly from UWORLD, conceptually. 10-15% could have went either way. More biostats then I cared for (including number needed to harm x 2 in one block, NNT, ARR). Some obscure guideline algorithms I wasn't entirely familiar with.

Overall, I think the test was trickier then Step 1.

Took the Step 2 CK today.

Did 70% of UWorld...but only 50% was legit 44 random, timed blocks. The other 20% was me submitting empty blocks just to see the answers.
UWorld Average for that 50%: 81%.
I read like 3 chapters of SUTS2.
And did about 20% of DIT, but forgot everything from it by exam time.

Step 1: 250s

I guess time will tell...
The Step 2 CK itself had a lot of questions that you'd only probably know from Step 1 studying...so my memories from Step 1 helped a lot.
Some questions were virtually identical to UWorld questions. In the end, UWorld is the best source. Supplementing with other sources helps. DIT actually has unique points that show up on the exam. DIT never fails to help a bit here and there...I just wish I had enough time to finish all of my sources.
I had about 4-5 weeks, but a lot of events for which I had to take days off. Plus, I couldn't study as hardcore as I did for the first Step. I just felt burned out.
But anyway...in 3 to 4 weeks, we'll see the result.

i just took the exam a few days ago and seem to have the opposite reaction as everyone here. i felt fairly prepared going in as I had used uworld/step up books to study, but i felt like my exam was much more random than i anticipated. i had some really tricky biostat and cardio questions. i'd say 60-70% was stuff that i had seen before on uworld, but i remember marking so many questions on the real thing and feeling really frustrated at the other 30-40%.

am i the only one that left the exam feeling like they did worse than step 1? i know averages for step 2 are around ~230, im afraid i won't even make that. im so scared to get my scores in 3-4 weeks...

i just took the exam a few days ago and seem to have the opposite reaction as everyone here. i felt fairly prepared going in as I had used uworld/step up books to study, but i felt like my exam was much more random than i anticipated. i had some really tricky biostat and cardio questions. i'd say 60-70% was stuff that i had seen before on uworld, but i remember marking so many questions on the real thing and feeling really frustrated at the other 30-40%.

am i the only one that left the exam feeling like they did worse than step 1? i know averages for step 2 are around ~230, im afraid i won't even make that. im so scared to get my scores in 3-4 weeks...

I feel the same. I marked a lot of questions. I just try to use intuition and common sense for questions I don't know the answer to...
That's the beauty of multiple choice...you can sometimes use the noggin to conclude an answer.

Well gall darnit, I've been a well behaved, patient medical student up until today..I really want to see my score.

Wednesday can't get here soon enough.

Yesss...power out in Virginia....USMLE got canceled...Have to reschedule exam on Monday....

wooooooooooo.

Dude with that score on NBME 4 you should be good to go, what happened? Weird questions? Unusual presentations?

I don't know if I can pinpoint it to one thing - I just felt uneasy about a lot of them. Like making the diagnosis was easy and then several things seemed like viable answers for the next step. I don't know. The question stems were pretty long too - I definitely did not have time to go back and review any of my answers.

i felt pretty horrible leaving the test. i made a 249 for step 1, but will be surpised if i pull anything close to it for step 2.

i felt pretty horrible leaving the test. i made a 249 for step 1, but will be surpised if i pull anything close to it for step 2.

100% agree. My step score was close to yours and I walked out feeling like I just guessed on 300 of the questions. Glad it wasn't just me.

I just took it today.

I must say, there was none of that colossal BS difficult questions that I encountered on my Step 1.

The only "hard" qusetions were obscure side effects of common drugs and complex management questions.

Surprisingly the zebras on my test were tested in Kaplan and Pretest. Boy was I glad I did those qbanks.

100% agree. My step score was close to yours and I walked out feeling like I just guessed on 300 of the questions. Glad it wasn't just me.
FWIW, I scored a 250 on my step I and a 263 on my UWSA, and I felt like I got royally hosed on this exam.

So I agree

Took it yesterday. Thought it wasn't too bad but a decent amount of odd questions and too much OB for my liking. I agree with some people above, really hard to aay how well i did. My prep:

Step 1: 245
Had family med last so studied during that rotation. Read step up to step 2 and Secrets and of course UWorld.
UWSA 2 months out: 245
NBME 4 1 month out: 260
NBME 2 2 weeks out 249
UWorld Average:73%

Hope to be happy in about a month! Best of luck all!

Anyone know how this ethics questions goes?

A 18+ year old mentally ******ed man is declared brain dead. He has no organ donor card. His parents died at the same time as this man was injured.His 16 year old sister says the boy would have wanted to donate his organs.

Who can give proxy consent?

The sister? Court appoint a legal guardian? The ethics committee? The doctor himself (yea right)? It is implied already so just take the organs?

What resources do you recommend for rotations throughout the year, whether it be a question or reading source?

Kinda of a big questions....I'll give it a try to remember everything I did for the past year
Family Medicine - Step Up to Step 2; Braton's question book (~2000 q's), Case Files
Surgery - NMS Surgery and NMS Casebook, Pestana, UW, A&L Q's, Pretest Q's
Psych - FA Psych, Blueprints, PreTest, a couple other books, UW
OB/gyn - Blueprints, Casefiles, Pretest, All ACOQ q's x2; UW
Medicine - Step Up 2 Med; UW; MKSAP 3; The attending version of MKSAP (I had my attending pick out questions at my level); Case Files
Peds - BluePrints, Pretest, UW....gave up started studying for Step 2

Step 2 Studying:
Crush Step 2 (read in about 5-6 days on the wards in down time) - pretty easy read; I kept a blank piece of paper with me and wrote down any random facts that I didnt know. I later converted them to note cards
UW - reset and redid all q's; every missed question or answer choice I didnt know got made into a notecard
Pestana - read over casually with 2x for weak areas
Step 2 Practice tests - took about 5 sections (250 questions), but I was scoring really well and decided to give up
Personal notes I took while reading Step up to Med

Overall, the most important thing to do is UW a lot. The more q's the better. Most practice question sets outside of UW were overly specfic. If think the A&L, PreTest, MKSAP and Braton's q's are a little to detail oriented, but they are good if you have already read what you want to read for a clerkship and have extra time. Step up 2 step 2 is great to read cover to cover for family med (since family med is just kinda everything and it will prep you for step 2). SU2M is a must for IM. Family med case files is the best in their series and FA for psych is the best in their series. NMS Casebook and pestana are great for surgery, the big NMS is overkill. The ACOG questions for OB/gyn suck bad - poorly written and a lot of variability from practioner to practioner. Most of the shelf questions and Step 2 q's were big picture type stuff.

Kinda of a big questions....I'll give it a try to remember everything I did for the past year
Family Medicine - Step Up to Step 2; Braton's question book (~2000 q's), Case Files
Surgery - NMS Surgery and NMS Casebook, Pestana, UW, A&L Q's, Pretest Q's
Psych - FA Psych, Blueprints, PreTest, a couple other books, UW
OB/gyn - Blueprints, Casefiles, Pretest, All ACOQ q's x2; UW
Medicine - Step Up 2 Med; UW; MKSAP 3; The attending version of MKSAP (I had my attending pick out questions at my level); Case Files
Peds - BluePrints, Pretest, UW....gave up started studying for Step 2

Step 2 Studying:
Crush Step 2 (read in about 5-6 days on the wards in down time) - pretty easy read; I kept a blank piece of paper with me and wrote down any random facts that I didnt know. I later converted them to note cards
UW - reset and redid all q's; every missed question or answer choice I didnt know got made into a notecard
Pestana - read over casually with 2x for weak areas
Step 2 Practice tests - took about 5 sections (250 questions), but I was scoring really well and decided to give up
Personal notes I took while reading Step up to Med

Overall, the most important thing to do is UW a lot. The more q's the better. Most practice question sets outside of UW were overly specfic. If think the A&L, PreTest, MKSAP and Braton's q's are a little to detail oriented, but they are good if you have already read what you want to read for a clerkship and have extra time. Step up 2 step 2 is great to read cover to cover for family med (since family med is just kinda everything and it will prep you for step 2). SU2M is a must for IM. Family med case files is the best in their series and FA for psych is the best in their series. NMS Casebook and pestana are great for surgery, the big NMS is overkill. The ACOG questions for OB/gyn suck bad - poorly written and a lot of variability from practioner to practioner. Most of the shelf questions and Step 2 q's were big picture type stuff.

Thanks. You said this in your previous post: " Don't be intellectually lazy - ie don't just passively read your UW explanations or your notes"

I kind of feel like I do this when I read UW explanations but I'm not really sure how to avoid it. I'm just tired and if I got it wrong and knew it I gloss over the stuff I know in the explanation and just pay attention to a fact I didn't (i.e. Heat stroke definition was in one of the wrong answer choices and I didn't know it so I read it....next day I got a question about heat stroke so I got it right). Advice is greatly appreciated.

Personally, I feel Step Up to Medicine is horribly overrated. I did not use it for very long and I got a 99 on the IM shelf.

I do not deny it is a better source than First Aid For Step 2CK. It certainly is.

However, no one clamored about Step Up to Step 1. Therefore, I refuse to be a sheeple.

Digression aside... use it if you feel like it helps you. I personally did not find it very useful.

Personally, I feel Step Up to Medicine is horribly overrated. I did not use it for very long and I got a 99 on the IM shelf.

I do not deny it is a better source than First Aid For Step 2CK. It certainly is.

However, no one clamored about Step Up to Step 1. Therefore, I refuse to be a sheeple.

Digression aside... use it if you feel like it helps you. I personally did not find it very useful.

So what did you use instead?

Thanks. You said this in your previous post: " Don't be intellectually lazy - ie don't just passively read your UW explanations or your notes"

I kind of feel like I do this when I read UW explanations but I'm not really sure how to avoid it. I'm just tired and if I got it wrong and knew it I gloss over the stuff I know in the explanation and just pay attention to a fact I didn't (i.e. Heat stroke definition was in one of the wrong answer choices and I didn't know it so I read it....next day I got a question about heat stroke so I got it right). Advice is greatly appreciated.

I think that doing the questions in tutor mode really helps me for this purpose. If I just spent 60 seconds wrestling with the concept in my head, I'm generally interested in immediately reading about it.

When I do questions in timed mode, I tend to read the explanations much more superficially.

I took an NBME assessment a month ago with about 20% of UW done and completely bombed it. I've completed almost 80% of UW on tutor mode since then, with a 66% average. Scores on the last few blocks have been in the low 70s. (Peds and Ob/gyn are killing me :( ) Step 1 was in the 230s and I recently passed CS (yay!). Today, I decided to suck it up and go through the questions I missed on my diagnostic. Turns out I did the Clinical Medicine assessment for Step 3, instead of the Clinical Sciences test for CK! Yeah, I know, I know. Stupid me, lol...I was all freaked out, about ready to push my exam back and now I'm totally unsure.

Does anyone know how much Step 2CK differs from Step 3 content? I'm going to take the right assessment this week to see where I stand. I take the exam in 3 weeks and am getting worried :confused:

Turns out I did the same thing last Wed and decided to take NBME 2 that same afternoon, talk about burned out!!! I take the test this Wednesday but was going to do a UWSA based on reading people's post on here saying it was more accurate than NBME.

The other problem here in VA is there is still no power so if they don't have power I don't know that I will do a make up test since I am a DO, 220 on USMLE step 1 and will be starting auditions the end of July, anybody have any advice on this?

Finished all of uworld 67% timed random
NBME 2 1 wk out 221

Turns out I did the same thing last Wed and decided to take NBME 2 that same afternoon, talk about burned out!!! I take the test this Wednesday but was going to do a UWSA based on reading people's post on here saying it was more accurate than NBME.

The other problem here in VA is there is still no power so if they don't have power I don't know that I will do a make up test since I am a DO, 220 on USMLE step 1 and will be starting auditions the end of July, anybody have any advice on this?

NBME 2 1 wk out 221

I'm also from the DMV! hope the power is up and running soon. I've had a similar concern with which assessment to take - NBME vs UWSA? I will still take another NBME, then take a UW assessment a few days later. It seems like the UW assessment has been more predictive of scores here :idea:

I went through about 65% of UW during clerkships at 53% (didn't do all the IM or pysch questions)... reset and am at 61% now (done 40%). IM is my weakness for sure- I do best on Peds and Ob/Gyn questions.

Took the CCSE through my school last week 2 weeks and 5 days out from actual test and it predicted 212.

Is it possible to pull up to 230 in a little over 2 weeks? I am going to focus on weaker areas and questions while still finishing up a few Kaplan videos.

I took an NBME assessment a month ago with about 20% of UW done and completely bombed it. I've completed almost 80% of UW on tutor mode since then, with a 66% average. Scores on the last few blocks have been in the low 70s. (Peds and Ob/gyn are killing me :( ) Step 1 was in the 230s and I recently passed CS (yay!). Today, I decided to suck it up and go through the questions I missed on my diagnostic. Turns out I did the Clinical Medicine assessment for Step 3, instead of the Clinical Sciences test for CK! Yeah, I know, I know. Stupid me, lol...I was all freaked out, about ready to push my exam back and now I'm totally unsure.

Does anyone know how much Step 2CK differs from Step 3 content? I'm going to take the right assessment this week to see where I stand. I take the exam in 3 weeks and am getting worried :confused:

I made the same mistake but NBME 2 Clinical Sciences turned out to be much better......I got 220+
there is a lot of difference between Step 2 CK and 3 since there is a lot of Geriatrics on Step 3.

I went through about 65% of UW during clerkships at 53% (didn't do all the IM or pysch questions)... reset and am at 61% now (done 40%). IM is my weakness for sure- I do best on Peds and Ob/Gyn questions.

Took the CCSE through my school last week 2 weeks and 5 days out from actual test and it predicted 212.

Is it possible to pull up to 230 in a little over 2 weeks? I am going to focus on weaker areas and questions while still finishing up a few Kaplan videos.
Yes but READ MTB 2 instead not videos since you are weak in IM..

NBME 2 1 wk out 221

NBME 4 with extended feedback