• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

usmle

camiliaG

Oct 21, 2016
  1. Resident [Any Field]
    Hi everyone,hope you're doing good
    Im already resident in my home countrty,but i intend to join this residency program in a gulf country for that i need steps.
    I wanna ask u whether one source is enough for preparation,i got a book "usmle step1 secrets" of ELSEVIER SAUNDERS,its the best seller, does anyone know it? Is it good and how much time do i need? Taking in consideration that ive been preparing for my residency for 2 years(means that i already got some experience)
    Another question pls, in case i got a low score in step 1 can i do it again to ameliorate the score?

OlgaW007

2+ Year Member
    Jun 28, 2016
    1. MD/PhD Student
      Im already resident in my home countrty,but i intend to join this residency program in a gulf country for that i need steps.
      I wanna ask u whether one source is enough for preparation,i got a book "usmle step1 secrets" of ELSEVIER SAUNDERS,its the best seller, does anyone know it? Is it good and how much time do i need? Taking in consideration that ive been preparing for my residency for 2 years(means that i already got some experience)
      Another question pls, in case i got a low score in step 1 can i do it again to ameliorate the score?

If you get a low score you won't have a chance to improve it. If you fail you'll get a second attempt.

Reactions: 1 user

the sky

2+ Year Member
      Aug 24, 2014
      1. Medical Student

what gulf country is this that need USMLE for applying for residency?

About the Ads

wc0921

10+ Year Member
        Sep 17, 2008
        Phoenix, AZ
        1. Attending Physician
          One book will not be enough. In addition to pure reading, you need to do A LOT of practice questions. I.E in the thousands. I have never heard of someone doing too many. Use resources, such as USMLE and Kaplan Qbank. A board review, such as Doctors in Training, would not be a bad idea either

camiliaG

Oct 21, 2016
          1. Resident [Any Field]
            One book will not be enough. In addition to pure reading, you need to do A LOT of practice questions. I.E in the thousands. I have never heard of someone doing too many. Use resources, such as USMLE and Kaplan Qbank. A board review, such as Doctors in Training, would not be a bad idea either[/QUOTE
            Thank you

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
            2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
            5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
            6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            7. This thread is locked.