usmle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

camiliaG

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,hope you're doing good
Im already resident in my home countrty,but i intend to join this residency program in a gulf country for that i need steps.
I wanna ask u whether one source is enough for preparation,i got a book "usmle step1 secrets" of ELSEVIER SAUNDERS,its the best seller, does anyone know it? Is it good and how much time do i need? Taking in consideration that ive been preparing for my residency for 2 years(means that i already got some experience)
Another question pls, in case i got a low score in step 1 can i do it again to ameliorate the score?

Members don't see this ad.

Im already resident in my home countrty,but i intend to join this residency program in a gulf country for that i need steps.
I wanna ask u whether one source is enough for preparation,i got a book "usmle step1 secrets" of ELSEVIER SAUNDERS,its the best seller, does anyone know it? Is it good and how much time do i need? Taking in consideration that ive been preparing for my residency for 2 years(means that i already got some experience)
Another question pls, in case i got a low score in step 1 can i do it again to ameliorate the score?

If you get a low score you won't have a chance to improve it. If you fail you'll get a second attempt.

Reactions: 1 user

what gulf country is this that need USMLE for applying for residency?

Members don't see this ad :)
One book will not be enough. In addition to pure reading, you need to do A LOT of practice questions. I.E in the thousands. I have never heard of someone doing too many. Use resources, such as USMLE and Kaplan Qbank. A board review, such as Doctors in Training, would not be a bad idea either

One book will not be enough. In addition to pure reading, you need to do A LOT of practice questions. I.E in the thousands. I have never heard of someone doing too many. Use resources, such as USMLE and Kaplan Qbank. A board review, such as Doctors in Training, would not be a bad idea either[/QUOTE
Thank you